Remote Shift Needed

Started by Spitz, January 30, 2019, 10:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitz

Presently, my 61 Estate has a remote shift in it that was attached to a 1098 that came in it when I got it.
I removed the 1098 as it had issues, and placed in a 998
I'm guessing the whole unit was from an Austin/MG 1100.  It's difficult to shift.Looking for a remote shifter. 
Preferable in CA as shipping from the US is ridiculous nowadays.

Thanks
Matthew

For giggles, here is a picture of what I woke to this morning.

MiniDave

That's pretty damn cold =  -36*F!  We were -3*F here this am, so would you please close the damn door!   :D

So do you need a remote for a Mini or for an MG 1100/AA?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

jedduh01

"difficult to shift"

Have you Lubricated the assembly   Inlcuding the two shafts that run thru the diff housing?   (there are external, impossible to access grease fittings)
  and the ball and socket.

and the actual Remote housing (has bushings)   

I would consider a full tear down and assessment

(plus if its that cold= grease could be frozen!

MiniDave

Yeah, the shifter on my "03 JCW would freeze up solid when it got down below 20* or so. I could either start it and wait for the exhaust heat to thaw it out or force it REALLY hard into one of the gears, once the lever started moving it loosened up pretty quickly and was fine till the next overnight.

All it needed was a set of the newer improved shift cables, but as those required removing the exhaust to install, I never did it.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Spitz

Sorry...should have clarified.  At present, the shifter ( from an ADO16 ) is in my 61 Traveller.

I need a Mini remote shift to replace it.
It was OK shifting with the engine that was in it ( 1098 ADO16 ), I now have a Mini 998 with ( Ithink ) an 1128 box
It's difficult to shift it when I drive. ( has been a few months, and will be a couple months more before it is driven again....can you imagine turning over 20/50 at -38 degrees...lol )

Just putting the feelers out there to hopefully have one come driving season.

I'm aware it would not be original to the car, but thats the gearbox I have, and I'm OK with the non-originality in this case.

Matthew

gr8kornholio

I believe I have a spare remote shift.  It technically goes with my spare gearbox, but since my current gearbox is fine and it is also remote shift I probably don't need the extra remote shifter.  Man that got wordy.  LOL.

So you mention location CA, nevermind...  CA (Canada not California)  Ok, well anyway I'm in Texas.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Spitz

I havn't got a reply from my own country yet though.  So lets talk

kcmini

remote for a mg 1100 is different than a mini I do have one it mounts with a rubber sandwich between box and remote

gr8kornholio

I should have time to dig through the garage this weekend and see what all I have.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Spitz

Thank you gr8

Kcmini.......thanks, but not looking for an ADO16 one as I believe that is what is in there now, and not working well.