Congrats, Dan!

Started by MiniGene, January 20, 2019, 05:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniGene

Congratulations to both you and your bride!!!!

MiniDave

They may recover in a few days!  ;D

Congrats to Dan and Jen!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Thank you thank you! I'm doing well today, Jen is not.  The party extended into the after party and then went into triple over time. Wrapped up around 7am.  We tend to party like rock stars anyways.  Big shout out to Jim and his wife Renee for making the trip out.  They are truly awesome.  I'll post pics at some point.

Jims5543

They truly party like rock stars.  It was impressive.

Had a great time, met a lot of fun people even met another forum guy from an RX7 board from 10+ years ago.

I loved telling people I was Dans E-Friend.  It perplexed many of them.   ;D

Floridians + extreme cold + heating do not mix well, both Renee and I were having sinus issues, that was 90% of her problem Saturday morning, she was dizzy, nauseous and had a horrible headache. Wish we could call it an hangover but it was not. Glad we were able to pull it back together for the wedding, Sunday morning I woke up fine then a couple hours later had a really bad headache come on, loaded up on pain killers and sinus meds and felt much better.

The heat in our hotel room turned on Friday night and never shut off again, we had the temp set to 63° and it could not even maintain that, at night it would fall behind into the 50's.

Lots of cool people in you crew Dan, we had a lot of fun.

Congrats!!  Here is to many happy and fun years for you two.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

When I told Russel from the rx7 club/nopistons days Jim is here, he couldn't believe it. It was pretty funny. 

I went hard from Wednesday day till Sunday morning at 7am. Slept all of about 10 hours total during that period of time. 

Just happened to fall on the coldest day of the year.  Tent heater didn't work at first.  Coordinator made me go inside because I was tinkering on the heating unit...ya know tearing it apart and rebuilding it wearing a 3 piece suit. They managed to deliver a new one right before the ceremony kicked in luckily.  I was getting claustrophobia in the cellar up till that point.  It was packed tight in there.

gr8kornholio

Congrats to the bride and groom. Glad it went well even with the crazy temps.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Speaking of rock stars.  My buddy is a radio personality and hangs with ALL the big bands.  Metallica was a couple blocks away on the rehearsal dinner night. Kept trying to get him to swing by since we had karaoki that night.

94touring

Jims5543

Jen looked amazing in that dress, you lucky SOB you.

We could not see the ceremony but could hear it perfectly, Bill did a fantastic job!!

I got to talk to him a bit later on, man, that guy loves the two of you like you are his own kids.

Complimented him on the speech, made fun of his "dress" many jokes were made from both of us.   ;D

I got to meet a lot of people there, everyone was awesome, it was a great night.

Fantastic 4 piece band too. They were lots of fun.

Any significance regarding the wedding song?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

It's unfortunate you were unable to hang at Bills during the day.  He's a super cool dude but one of our best friends.  My one buddy was having a hard time getting over who his son is.

No significance to the song, just a slowed down version of somewhere over the rainbow.  We're friends with a couple of the band members.

Vikram

Congrats Dan! Best of luck for the future

BruceK

Congratulations to both of you.  I know this is a cliché, but you guys really do look great together!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

John Gervais

Hey, just found out - Congratulations!!!   4.gif
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

We went to Eureka Springs for a few days after the wedding to decompress.  Slept about 3 days.  I think we should plan a mini drive in that area eventually.  Lots to do and great roads.

MiniDave

Don Ruder, Don Ipock and I have done a number or runs down there - roads are great and usually very light traffic. Dooder even made this one!   77.gif

Had a little trouble with Ruder's car....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Photographer says another week before we get pics.  This one showed up from somewhere.  One of my favorite things about it is the wedding planner directly in the center, far back, very serious, as if she's saying DO IT! 

MiniDave

Good thing she was wearing flats!   ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

I'm 5'9 on a good day and married a 6 footer.  Many of her girl friends are the same height.  My cousin got a huge kick out of the number of tall knockouts.  Said they'd make a good volley ball team.

94touring

About 200 pictures rolled in. 

94touring

Willie_B

A roaring time was had by all.

gr8kornholio

Loving the theme attire.  Very elegant cake too. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Is the Minister checking his email?   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Ha, Bill had the vows on his phone. It's easier to read too since it's dark down there.  People really enjoyed dressing the theme.  Not sure who half the people there were.  The outdoor tent with bar worked out well for overflow.  Had heat and a sound system.