Moke in a movie drawing

Started by Willie_B, December 17, 2018, 02:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

I bought a concept drawing of a moke that was used in a movie. "Salt & Pepper" starring Sammy Davis Jr. and Peter Lawford. The moke was seen for just a few minutes in a chase scene of all things, till it sank in a river. The drawing came from the estate of Milton Ebbins who was the producer of the movie. Of course I had to get a dvd of the movie so I could watch it. Not bad considering when it came out in 1968.

The moke in the movie was very close to the drawing. The big difference was the sides did not have the union jack on them.

BruceK

Hey, I know that movie and that Moke.    Of course the only reason I saw the movie was to see the Moke!    And it's white in the movie, isn't it?

Very cool that you have the concept artwork!    I have a book that has a photo of the movie Moke I think...
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Willie_B

BruceK

Ah, I must be thinking it was white because it's a b/w photo in the book.  I didn't remember the color in the movie other than seeing Sammy Davis driving the Moke. 

Useless trivia:  The Moke's license plate in the movie is SALT, after a main character.  But in the artwork the Moke's license plate says SEL, which happens to be the French word for salt.  I guess that was determined to be just too subtle once movie moved closer to production?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara