Its that time of year

Started by 94touring, February 17, 2010, 08:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Time to renew the account for the website.  Didn't think I had this up for that long yet. 

Has it already been a year?! Holy cow time flies.  :o

joltfreak

check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

94touring

Yeah next month is a year, surprised me too.  Its been fun and hopefully this next year it becomes more active.  Slowly but surely. 

Yeah, when Michael stopped by the store we were talking about how much more awesome/superior this site is compared to the clutter at MM. People need to migrate over here, it's great having things organized. The arcade games add an extra level of sweetness too!  ;D

94touring

Yeah I don't understand why folks like the format at MM.  Its really just an online store with a message board thrown in the mix.  They have an unusual style of moderating the forum and rules too.  At least here you get your own gallery, unlimited space, and then cool little things like the arcade, shoutbox, calender, and even the option to minimize or expand parts of the forum to suit your desires. Oh and private messages which are basic forum essentials that MM doesn't have either.      

MPlayle

Dan,

Your description of MM is exactly what they are and always have been: an online store with a message board as a side item.

People stay with it because of "habit", it has been that way for about 15 years.  Granted, Dennis has evolved the technology used to drive it over the years, but has retained the original message board style despite many calls for change.  The MM "forum" is still basically a side item of Don's parts businesses rather than run as an independent community.

The lack of progress and organization is also a major contributor to the current situation MOT (Mini Owners of Texas) is dealing with.  We are still trying to work on things there to bring it back to life in a "user friendly" manner.

Michael.

94touring

MOT still trying to setup a new website/forum huh?

MPlayle

Still working on the "politics" of getting to that goal.  The main founder's dad was diagnosed with terminal colon cancer back in November and passed away the end of January.  As a result, John is still dealing with estate issues and being sure his mom is getting through it all okay.

I still have saved aside the SMF install packages and raw data from the old site.  One of these days, I'll get to learn the hosting setup end of things.

Cheers,
Michael Playle