10" cosmics

Started by 94touring, November 01, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

A little rough around the edges but will refurbish nicely.  $150 OBO.  Need them gone to clear shop space.

jedduh01

Will they take "normal" lugs = like round or tapered seat?  Or do they require a 'shouldered lug"   - do you have lugs I guess is other question.

94touring

I don't have any lugs for it, at least not a full set.  It has a small taper and seems to use the same angle I have on my force and jbw wheels. I put a lug on the taper to see how well it matched up.  Pic if it helps.

94touring

Indeed those will work! So you buying?  4.gif

MiniDave

That's actually a good price on those lug nuts, Spares wants  £1.50 each for those same nuts, so £24 for 16 nuts which is $32 at the current exchange rate, close to same price as 7Ent wants, first time I've seen them competitive - on anything!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

kcmini

you need to donate them to the British transportation museum .org for Hrach s Mini  van that was donated that wellers on it that don't look the part

go check it out under cars

TDA

Are these still available?

Are they 4.5" or 5" wide?

Do you know what the off-set/back spacing is (ET ??)?

Let me know.

Thanks!

94touring

MiniDave

Quote from: TDA on November 08, 2018, 09:11:53 AM
Are these still available?

Are they 4.5" or 5" wide?

Do you know what the off-set/back spacing is (ET ??)?

Let me know.

Thanks!

Hey TDA, are you Jim's brother?

They're 5", you measure between the beads

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

MiniDave

Wow, that's Vikram's "before"?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Vikram

TDA

Do you know if these wheels will fit over 7.5" disk brakes? 

Did the green car that the wheels are shown on have drum brakes?

I'm guessing these wheel would stick out a long way on a disk brake car but I am not sure.

Let me know.  Thanks, Tim Allen 

94touring

Tim, I'll mount them on my car with disc next week and snap a photo for you.  I don't see why they won't fit but the offset will be greater since the green car had drums.

94touring

Finally out at the shop after the holidays and job #1. Here they are mounted on spaced drums you'd pair with disc.  There is a 3/4" body gap running a straight line.

94touring

Oh and yes they fit over disc

Vikram

94touring

kcmini

Hi Kerry from British transportation museum are the wheels still avaible we will take them  how much is shipping thanks  Kerry

will be going on donated yellow mk 1 van 

94touring

Still available. I'll try and grab a quote this week when I'm back to the shop to measure and weigh the box.

kcmini

LarryLebel

Interesting. If you go to www.wheeldictionary.net and scroll to the Cosmic section you'll see what these MkIII Cosmics should look like. The inner ring should be milled out between the machined faces. It would seem the example here has not been finished. BTW the wheel shown in the wheel dictionary is one of a set I sold to a guy on the Mini Mania message board many years ago. The finish of the unpolished surfaces is natural aluminum powder coat. Somebody Photo Shopped in the black finish which I personally don't like very much. I got three of my ex-wheels locally and the 4th one came from a Cosmic wheel guy in England who seems to no longer be around.

Jimini II

Quote from: 94touring on September 13, 2020, 11:08:01 AM
Still available. I'll try and grab a quote this week when I'm back to the shop to measure and weigh the box.

I shipped out a few sets of 10's rims only last year and the cheapest option was with USPS in one of their if it fits it ships boxes I think they were just under $20 each.