Small trailer for towing a Mini

Started by MPlayle, September 19, 2018, 04:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPlayle

I decided to order a trailer today for eventually trailering the Moke (or any other Mini) instead of flat towing.

Since I currently live in an apartment with a separate 1 car garage, I wanted to find a folding trailer.  I found this one and ordered it:

https://www.kendonusa.com/product/smart-car-trailer-folding-stand-trailer/

I can also use it for towing other small vehicles (motorcycle) or stuff.

ve9aa

I like it !  Wish stuff like that was available in Canada  19.gif
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

BruceK

Good find.  Since it is so light, the trailer and a Mini are still under 2,000 lbs total.  Which means lots of choices in tow vehicles.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

Quote from: ve9aa on September 19, 2018, 05:32:10 PM
I like it !  Wish stuff like that was available in Canada.

They may ship there.  When I talked to them, they actually contacted a motorcycle dealer not far from me that is a dealer for me to go through to make the shipping easier.  The dealer will also take care of the uncrating and final assembly.

If you call, they may know if they have a dealer contact in your area.

gr8kornholio

I looked at these trailers a while ago.  Be curious to see it in action and get your review on it.  I don't have room either for a standard trailer and guess this is the best option.  Pricey, but guess saves wear on the moke and possibly safer for transporting.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Is the MINI Clubman rated to pull this? I thought they had a 1500lb limit, but I suppose the new ones could be higher......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

MINI does not officially rate them for towing in the US.  I think the Countryman may be the only only officially rated for towing in the US.

In Europe, they are rated.

The tow hitch made for the Clubman is rated 2000 pounds with 200 pound tongue weight.

I have been considering changing my daily driver to something more tow rated anyway.