New VIN plate

Started by Willie_B, September 05, 2018, 01:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

I have used Boxweed in the past and again just now for the moke. He is still stamping new VIN plates if you need one. He has the correct machine to reverse stamp.

http://boxweed.addr.com/collector_car_data_plateserial.htm

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

I was able to just reuse my originals on my Moke, but good to know there is still a source for getting replacements properly stamped.

jeff10049

my engine tag got messed up in the rebuild anyone know where I can buy a blank for them to stamp?

Vikram

Is this for simply replicating a VIN plate or is it possible to generate a new VIN?

As you may know, my car has an incorrect CA2S7L VIN (for a 63 Cooper). Is it possible to get a new VIN plate that reflects the correct VIN (for a 60 Austin)-I assume A2S7L?

I assume you cannot just make up a new VIN, but I have no idea how to trace the original VIN since they never kept record of the FE numbers. As my car will be arriving into the UK, it seems like the perfect time to get this resolved before the v5 is issued.

MiniDave

I sent a note to the guy Willie B linked to see if he could do a plate for my old Jag, (they're quite a bit bigger than the ones on a Mini)  the answer was yes and he's very reasonable too. Thanks for that link, Willie B!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

joakwin

the last vin plate I had made for my mini, I had it made by dsn classic, I had to show that I was the owner of the car, had to show them my V5 with my name on it

but I saved this link on my computer, good to know of a place here in the states that can make them

D16z6 Automatic, 4 wheel disc brakes, deseamed shell

stan360

Great link !   My originals look fine but I wanted to get something new and had a lot of trouble with an overseas stamper who seemed to always have toddlers screaming in the background when I called a couple times after a couple months with no word , 4 months later no plates and I had to get my card company to dispute so I could get my $ back. 

The boxweed link is in Georgia ?  Should save some time and troubles. Thanks

Willie_B

Quote from: stan360 on September 11, 2018, 09:45:54 PM

The boxweed link is in Georgia ?  Should save some time and troubles. Thanks

Yes he is in Georgia. Retired to a coastal island.

jedduh01

Agree , box weed is great =  usually a 5-10 Day turn around depending on Mailing time etc.

Easy + and proper Stamped. Great Resource.

MiniDave

Anyone have a current link for this guy, the link above doesn't work and I can't find him on Google anymore....

I did find an email address, don't know if it's still live tho   boxweed@thebest.net

Bob Wiedemeyer

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Well that stinks, it was working not too long ago as I looked at it prior to getting the car from Dan. Was going to wait until I had the car and heritage cert before I got the new tag.

I found an address and number but not sure if any of it is valid or not
Boxweed Collector Cars and Services
PO Box 20345
St. Simons Island, GA 31522
Call Us
(912) 638-7954

MiniDave

I sent him an email, we'll see if he responds....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

I also sent an email via one of those online form type things where I found the address and phone number so I had no idea what the email address was that it sent to until he replied and the email matches the one you posted so I think you should be hearing from him as well.

If not let me know and I can pass on what he sent me.

MiniDave

I did hear from him, he found out his website isn't working so he's going to redo it, in the meantime you can reach him at 

boxweed@thebest.net

Bob Wiedemeyer
636 Petersville Rd.
Brunswick, GA, 31525

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Spitz

I was able to get a complete Heritage Certificate using only the body number off my 62  Traveller.
I then had https://www.minimail.co.uk/ stamp me a new vin.
Was reasonably priced and arrived across the pond quickly.

BruceK

Hmmmm.  MiniMail eh?  Their boot lid conversion panel is an interesting item.   Need a Mk I boot lid?  Make one!

https://www.minimail.co.uk/gallery/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on March 31, 2021, 08:51:58 AM
Hmmmm.  MiniMail eh?  Their boot lid conversion panel is an interesting item.   Need a Mk I boot lid?  Make one!

https://www.minimail.co.uk/gallery/

Sure is less expensive than a new mk1 boot lid!  Their pdf says 15 £ for the piece.

bob01b

I also used MiniMail for my replacement chassis plate in 2017.  It was 27 pounds delivered and came quickly.  Excellent quality.