Air Show

Started by jeff10049, August 26, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff10049

Went to the air show of the cascades in Madras luckily the smoke from the fires around here was not in the area so the show was good.
Also the Erickson air museum had the Steerman and at6 out took a ride in both got the fly the Steerman a bit. The at6 was badass the pilot did some rolls and steep bank turns nice scenery along the crooked river gorge area. 
If you went into the service back in the day you would start training in the steerman and then move to the at 6 so it was neat to take one after the other.

jeff10049

jeff10049

BruceK

Very very cool!  Such iconic planes. What a day you had.  4.gif
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

jeff10049

It was fun I really enjoyed the Steerman enough that I thought about buying one to play with but the prices have really changed the last 10 years they used to be really cheap and used for crop dusting and such now they seem to be owned by collectors and cost like 80k so that was the end of my steerman dreams.  A way more useable Cessna 172 can be had under 50 maybe even under 40k.  I did find a local basket case one (steerman) but  haven't talked much to the owner probably won't happen.