Introducing myself and my Minis

Started by Whee, August 19, 2018, 08:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whee

Some of you will know me from other forums, but to those who do not, here's an introduction. I'm English originally, been in the states 20+ years. Live in Colorado (after stops in Wisconsin, Texas (DFW) and Washington State)

I currently own 5 Minis.

1) 1968 Australian Cooper S (alas, without the original engine) - MG Metro engined, 1380. I drove this as my daily car for a few years
2) 1968 Wolseley 1000. South African built - very original apart from upgraded brakes
3) 1976 BL Pickup - picked this up in Canada earlier this year
4) 2013 GP2
5) 1968 Moke - on the way from England!

94touring

Welcome  77.gif

What part of Colorado?

BruceK

Welcome!   Can't wait to see your Moke and learn more about you and your other Minis.  The 68 Wolseley 1000 sounds very interesting.   I believe the South Africans made a Mini that incorporated a regular round nose Mini front but with the Elf/Hornet extended boot.  Was that after the Hornet went out of production in SA?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

jeff10049

welcome, you'll like this place nice car.

gr8kornholio

Welcome. 

30 acres on the front range, nice.  I spent 5 yrs in the Springs.  Also a fellow Australian mini owner, well it's not really a car at the moment, but working on putting it back together.  Love those odd ball Australian bits.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

I also lived in that area for a few years, I loved it there......welcome to the forum!

I only have three Minis right now.......it's a sickness. We all have it!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Like that roo bar and beautiful "farm truck".  Love the color.  I was going to go yellow on my mini but decided to go back to the original since it was so unique.  Technically it is a yellow, even though mainly in name (fiesta yellow). 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

I like the little P'ups, I just don't fit in them......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

ve9aa

Hey Whee !

Love that 'pup.

Welcome aboard the slightly more sane forum. ;-)
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

94touring