A week of woes

Started by 94touring, July 22, 2018, 09:49:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

It's been a real headache during the upstairs renovation. Crap everywhere, people everywhere, and lots of debri everywhere.  Got home the other day, opened the door inside the garage to store some chairs.  The door came off the hinges in my hand.  Add it to the to do list.  Go to drive my truck to the shop yesterday and the battery is dead.  Later in the evening get home and decide to give it another try to drive it to the autozone rather than tote the battery in the rx7.  Fires up barely and gets me there.  Toss in a new battery but its a bit shorter than the other and the bracket that holds it in places now requires a spacer to get the nut to tighten things down. No biggie so off to the hardware store just a few miles away.  Turn into the lot, the battery slides, positive post finds something earthy, truck shuts off along with the steering. Nearly crash into a pole.  Fix it easily with the spacer and off to the house to do laundry for work today.  Get home and the washing machine dies. 

John Gervais

I think you need to find a shady spot, pour a cool drink and take a nap.
- Pave the Bay -

94touring

I skipped clothes and went straight for a drink.

jeff10049

That sucks but, somehow I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

Jims5543

Some batteries, when they are shorter come with this cover snapped over the top, you take it off and snap it on the bottom to make the battery taller to fit the mounts.

I have an Optima Red Top in my FJ Cruiser like that.

Quote from: jeff10049 on July 25, 2018, 10:53:26 PM
That sucks but, somehow I feel better knowing I'm not the only one.

+1

Thanks Dan!

4 days before Key West I drilled a hot coal through the bottom of my foot.

Right as that healed, we were heading to Orlando to hit up Universal, it had become apparent I found some Poison Ivy.  My one leg is covered with it.

Both vacations with some sort of affliction.

Dan, you did what any logical man would do, drink.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Crap...it had a plastic top thing, and I immediately tossed it in the trash.  Didn't know it clipped to the bottom.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on July 27, 2018, 07:47:58 AM
Crap...it had a plastic top thing, and I immediately tossed it in the trash.  Didn't know it clipped to the bottom.

LOL!!

Glad I could help.  ;D

The battery on my Taco died today, I left the headlights on at lunch. I jumped it and took it home and put if on a trickle charger. Will decide this weekend if I am going to change it out.  Guy up by my shop space has a battery tester, I may borrow it this weekend and stress test it.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson