Dyno Day at Jesse Prather Racing

Started by MiniDave, May 04, 2018, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Dan has been bogged down with everyone else.  Isn't helping work keeps needing me on my days off.  Haven't even bought my extra splash of paint to redo my quarter panel. 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on August 24, 2018, 04:05:16 PM
Dan has been bogged down with everyone else.  Isn't helping work keeps needing me on my days off.  Haven't even bought my extra splash of paint to redo my quarter panel.

ring your RX-7 and make everyone cry.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Should I hand out ear plugs or let it be a surprise?

MPlayle

Sorry Dan, but you just let the cat out of the bag.

Years ago, I attended a dyno day at Computer Car in Denver (sponsored by MOTR).  I learned then to have ear plugs handy.

MPlayle

Bruce,

Yes, I would be flat towing the Moke (unless I manage to find an appropriate small trailer).  It would be a two day drive each way for me, but that is what I am planning.  PM me for my email address and we can discuss the caravan idea further.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Yea I heard him in the rx7 coming while I was in the shop with the doors closed.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

1979 Daytona 24 hours, the first weekend in Feb - the first year they ran the RX7 - the noise was so loud it physically hurt. Other car drivers complained too, the next race (Sebring in March) they had to have mufflers....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I remember RX3 race cars running in SCCA races in the 1970s.  Scary loud!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

I have 2 mufflers and 2 resonators, it's still loud.  I think my all time favorite street altercation was some kid who thought he'd try me.  When I punched it and the wastegate opened it scared him so bad he physically swerved off the road.

MPlayle

So, ear plugs AND ear muffs required?

:-\

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on August 25, 2018, 06:57:43 AM
So, ear plugs AND ear muffs required?

:-\

And something for the bloody nose  9.gif

stan360

Count me in , I will take the day. Sounds fun . Can't wait

MiniDave

Cool, I have several local people going too.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad