Back in the sky

Started by 94touring, November 07, 2009, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Have a guy locally that needs to get an instrument rating so we went up today in his plane.  Spent about 2 hours flying along the coast and an hour on the ground discussing things.  Just like riding a bike. 

MPlayle

Glad to hear!  I bet your confidence is now "soaring"?   ;D

(I know, bad joke.  ::) )

MPlayle

I finally got a piece of encouraging news as well.  I have an onsite interview in Fort Worth this Wednesday afternoon!  First major nibble in like 6 months or so.  First full onsite interview since last January.

94touring

MPlayle

Back from the interview.  It went quite well.  As a matter of fact, I have a second interview (with the company president) scheduled for next Wednesday!  From a comment the HR person made when scheduling next week's interview, I may even be close to getting an offer!  Yippee!

94touring

MPlayle

I will know more next week and post to let folks know.

94touring

Would appear as though i'm going back to AZ fairly soon.  I'll keep you posted. 

Minicop

Quote from: 94touring on November 13, 2009, 08:15:15 AM
Would appear as though i'm going back to AZ fairly soon.  I'll keep you posted. 

Permanently?

94touring

As permanent as I can be  :)  Joy is not happy with the pay scale here vs cost of living, and I may have recruited a full time student to keep me busy at my old job, plus there is flying work there coming up after the new year.  If mama isn't happy no one is happy.  ;D 

Minicop

Well that sure was quick, you just moved. Welcome back to the 'west side'.

MPlayle

I hope it comes through for you.  Also hope it makes "mama" happy!   ;D

MPlayle

Got a verbal job offer this morning!  I'll be moving to Fort Worth Texas in the very near future.  Finally going back to work after 16 months of unemployment.

94touring

Minicop

I'll be looking for a job shortly now too, finally! I've been trying to quit this one for 4 years now! If I can't find one right away, then I'll use the Post 9/11 GI bill to go to the school of my choice for free. ;D Those 4 years are starting to pay off.

Willie_B

You should be good at moving. Can you borrow a company plane to move?

94touring

Yeah turning pro at moving.  I tow enough cars around I might as well be. 

Another week of scheduled flying too.  Busy busy.