Car battery hack

Started by 481, November 03, 2009, 11:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Hahaha! Those warnings are just a bunch of crap to keep you from finding the treasures inside!

94touring

For a second I almost believed there really were thousands of double A batteries inside. 

LMAO! No way! I busted out laughing the second I saw all of those things pouring out of there.  :D

94touring

Haha, no, but it had me imaging how great that would be. 

MPlayle

Don't laugh too hard, the battery packs for the Tesla roadster are made from thousands of Lithium Ion AA batteries.

Quote from: MPlayle on November 03, 2009, 02:47:44 PM
Don't laugh too hard, the battery packs for the Tesla roadster are made from thousands of Lithium Ion AA batteries.

Holy cow you weren't kidding!! Got this from wikipedia:

Battery system
Hooked up power supply.

Tesla Motors refers to the Roadster's battery pack as the Energy Storage System or ESS. The ESS contains 6,831 lithium ion cells arranged into 11 "sheets" connected in series; each sheet contains 9 "bricks" connected in series; each "brick" contains 69 cells connected in parallel (11S 9S 69P). The cells are 18 mm (0.71 in) in diameter and 65 mm (2.6 in) long (18650 form-factor); this type of lithium-ion cell is also found in most laptop computer batteries. The pack is designed to prevent catastrophic cell failures from propagating to adjacent cells, even when the cooling system is off. Coolant is pumped continuously through the ESS both when the car is running and when the car is turned off if the pack retains more than a 90% charge. The coolant pump draws 146 watts.[68][69][70][14][71]

Minicop

:D ROFLMAO!!!!! That's priceless!!! LAME! MEGA LAME! Unicorn Hack! Bahahahaha!!!!

That's a good one Four Ate One! ;D