"For the Love Of Cars" TV show - Mini Episode

Started by BruceK, September 16, 2017, 06:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

I don't know if you guys are familiar with a TV series called "For the Love Of Cars" but I just discovered it.   It's a British TV show very similar in format to Wheeler Dealers - in fact the mechanic on this show has become the 'new' Edd on the next season of Wheeler Dealers.   The series was filmed a couple of years ago and Velocity is running episodes.

Anyway, the next episode to air on Velocity will feature the restoration of a Mk. I Cooper S.   It will be broadcast on Monday morning at 10am CDT, so set your DVR if you have any interest.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gasmini

I watched it Friday night but missed the first 10 minutes of it. It was a good episode.

MiniDave

I found it On Demand, for those who have that feature with your cable service......

BTW, I saw this show a few years ago, so it may also be on You Tube.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I watched the Mini episode and looks like a pretty good car show.  Different from Wheeler Dealers in that the focus seems to be on the history of the car and its place in the automotive world.   So, pretty scarce on the steps involved in the actual mechanical refurbishment of the car -- which  I think is the best part of WD. 

Oh it wasn't a Cooper S as I thought, but a 998 Cooper.  I was amazed at the £9500  :-\. paid for a rusted non-running barn find relic.    It's a whole different Mini world in the UK for early Minis. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara