1275 Engine/Box

Started by Albannach, August 24, 2017, 06:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Albannach

Curiosity...As none of us is getting any younger, I thought I'd put out feelers to see if any interest in some of the Parts I have stored at home. Remember I'm based in Scotland, put spend most of the winters in Florida. So Freight charges might add to any costs.

1/  A genuine 1991 RSP Cooper engine/box.  Car was rotten, so I parted it for the good stuff and scrapped the rotten shell.  PO said it ran good until it failed its MoT on Tinworm.

2/ A 1993 Spi Engine/Box. Young kid decided to try and restore the car, but lost heart, and sold the lot to me. I haven't heard it run, so can't vouch for its condition.

3/ A 1996 Equinox Engine/Box, car failed its MoT due to Corrosion. It had done the Italian Run after a complete engine/box rebuild...including a Stage 3 Mini Sports Head.

4/ A 1983 MG Metro Engine/box. Again...PO pulled lump to restore car, then discovered it was worse than expected. Car was known in the Mini Clan club at the time, and everyone I asked said it was a flier.

5/ Unusual one this...One of my pals bought a 1963 Cooper, but the Box was knacked, and Ring Gear was shot. He asked me for a spare 1275 to get it roadworthy. He had my pal Andy, (Auto Box Guru)
Swap the Lumps. Andy called me that night to ask if I'd heard this car run, or driven it. I told him no.
He'd taken it up the farm roads where he lived, and said it was a Missile. Next day I went over to see it once it was out on the floor. First thing he pointed to was the name MOUNTUNE stamped on the Block landing at the rear.  It has the 11 stud head. Obviously it is an A series engine. Perfect for period racing.

Andy also rebuilt a spare Auto Box I had sitting...and I've no plans to buy, and run, an Auto Mini anytime soon. So that is available also.

Just as a rough guide...I asked a Local Freight Forwarder how much to ship 2 Complete Lumps on a Euro sized pallet.  He quoted me £490 Air Freight into Orlando.    Jim

MiniDave

Tough call, they all could be perfectly fine or could need total rebuilds both from use and from sitting, plus the cost of shipping.....I doubt this would make sense for most people in the States unless they were bulk shipped in a container. You might contact 7Ent and see if they want them all?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Albannach

Will sell them here in UK with less hassle.  The Stage 3 head is worth a few bob on its own.  Anyway just forget I asked. Jim