Pac-Man World Record Broken!

Started by Minicop, September 12, 2009, 09:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minicop

Hey Mr. Anderson! I've got a good one for ya! Check it out! ;D

News Article:

Pac-Man records are a pretty big deal.
Nearly thirty years after chomping its way into pop culture, Pac-Man still has players aiming for perfection.

And that's exactly what 40 year-old gamer David Race of Beavercreek, Ohio managed to accomplish.

According to the officials at video game record-keeping institution Twin Galaxies, Race achieved a perfect score on Namco's venerable coin-op classic in 3 hours, 41 minutes, and 22 seconds, edging out the old record by a mere 42 seconds to make him the fastest Pac-Man completionist of all time.

To nail a perfect Pac-Man score, a player must "eat every dot, bonus prize and blue ghost across all 256 levels." At that point, a glitch in the original game code results in an unplayable stage, effectively ending the experience with a score of 3,333,360.

With his latest effort, Race has become only the sixth player to ever see that number. The first? None other than King of Kong antagonist Billy Mitchell, who managed the feat back in 1999.

94touring

See and you thought my score was good! 

Hey by the way my cousin will be living in Tokyo for the next several months for work.  You two should get together and give him the tour or something.