Ok lets try this again...since I'm bored

Started by 94touring, September 10, 2009, 08:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

I was testing out a chat feature to add to the forum and created a spaghetti of problems for myself.  3 hours later I undid the mess....it would appear anyways.  Installing a chat program now for you guys to play with. 

94touring

Slowly making some improvements.  Looks like you can see how many people are in there now, plus it opens up in a pop up window. 

MPlayle

It seemed to work well last night for the two of us.  Although on my computer it was not in a separate "pop-up" window.  May have to do with pop-up blocking turned on in Firefox.  I generally keep it that way as a "security" measure.  I will add this site as an exception to the blocking policy and see how it behaves.

Cheers,
Michael Playle

MPlayle

A nice big pop-up window does come up, but it wants me to log-in again and then says I cannot access chat and stays at the log-in screen for the Ajax Chat.   ???

batman1usa

Quote from: MPlayle on September 11, 2009, 11:23:23 AM
A nice big pop-up window does come up, but it wants me to log-in again and then says I cannot access chat and stays at the log-in screen for the Ajax Chat.   ???

Yep doin the same to me.  I tried it this morning and it opened right to chat and I chatted to myself.  Now  AJAX CHAT ?  "my pictures are probably to big"   ;D

at least I wasn't the first one to have trouble.   :-\

94touring

Lets me log in with my user name and password.  Not sure why you guys can't.....

94touring

Fixed it!  Guess it helps if I turn your permissions on so you can use it.   ;D

94touring

Wait Wait, lol.  Making another change.  This chat feature is totally screwing up my test forum where I need to be working on these issues.  For whatever reason it alters a file between the two forums and makes the other forum crash.  SO...I've installed a shoutbox instead, which may be better and more user friendly anyways.  All I know is it doesn't make the other forum crash and thats a good thing.  At the top of the main page you'll see the tab "shoutbox", you'll have to expand that and then you can type away at each other. 

MPlayle

Uhm ... ,

I don't think the "shoutbox" is quite working right either.  When I first dropped into the forum as a "guest" there was a message at the top that said I had to be logged in to use "shoutbox", so I logged in to the forum.  That message is now gone, but there is no tab for accessing "shoutbox".   ???  Am I missing a setting in my profile or something else?

94touring

LOL, you just happened to log in seconds into the update.  Its there now I promise. 

MPlayle

Okay.  I'll log out and leave the site in order to try forcing a refresh.  I'll let you know the results shortly.

;D

MPlayle

It's Working!  Does disappear when you change to a specific forum list such as the Lounge.  But that would not seem unexpected.

94touring

Yep, the shoutbox is only on the mainpage and has to be expanded for you to use.  I'd leave it expanded but kinda clutters things up I think.  Works good, mplayle and I were in there talking for awhile and its pretty fast.