work and sleep schedule

Started by 94touring, September 04, 2009, 12:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Anyone else here have a screwed up work schedule?  I know Hayman does.  I end up sleeping twice in a day, what are basically two naps.  Makes the day feel like its 48 hours long.  Sometimes its good and other times I'm groggy and half out of my mind. 

MPlayle

Not a "work" schedule, but a crazy class schedule:
Mon - 7pm to 8:15pm
Tues - 5:30pm to 6:45pm and 7pm to 9:45pm
Wed - 7pm to 8:15pm
Thur - 5:30pm to 6:45

Job hunting and studying during the day those same days as well as Fri - Sun.

:P

xcc_rider

How about rotating 12 hour shifts, 5am - 5pm or 5pm - 5am, rotating days off, rotating work days...   I'm shift relief this year and am bouncing all over the place with no set schedule. 12 hour graves play havoc on me as I don't sleep well during the day any more and on a 3 graves weekend I will get around 10.5 hours sleep from 6 am Friday until 6 am Monday. Add 3 hours a day for the commute and it becomes FUN!  Basically I've been doing this for 27 years and can't wait to get paroled!

Here's an example of the rotation.   

MTWTFSSMTWTFS   SMTWTFSSMTWTF   S
- DD -- NNN-- DD---  NN --DDD --NN--

(sorry, crappy formatting and spacing but you can get the idea)

Anyone who works anykind of shiftwork has my sympathy.   dan

94touring

I needed to use my olvaltine decoder ring to figure it out and it says to be sure to drink your ovaltine. 

joltfreak

Quote from: xcc_rider on September 06, 2009, 02:15:42 PM

I did those shifts for ten years at my last job....i miss them....somtimes...
check out the official website for updates!!!!! 

xcc_rider

Yeah, it's a great schedule to be on when you're young(er). As the baby boomer generation gets up around 50 they're finding this schedule isn't good for their health, with sleep problems, IBS and depression being the biggest offenders.  I've been a shift worker for 31 years now, on this schedule for around 20 years and I can say it isn't as much fun as before...      dan

wfothrottle

Quote from: xcc_rider on September 06, 2009, 02:15:42 PM
How about rotating 12 hour shifts, 5am - 5pm or 5pm - 5am, rotating days off, rotating work days...   I'm shift relief this year and am bouncing all over the place with no set schedule. 12 hour graves play havoc on me as I don't sleep well during the day any more and on a 3 graves weekend I will get around 10.5 hours sleep from 6 am Friday until 6 am Monday. Add 3 hours a day for the commute and it becomes FUN!  Basically I've been doing this for 27 years and can't wait to get paroled!

i work a 8hr rotating shift. 12-8, 8-4, & 4-12, one week on each shift. this scedule sucks. we used to have another day shift in the rotation to make it a 4 week turnaround with 2 day shifts and 2 night shifts. now it's a 3 week turnaround with 1 day shift an 2 night shifts, with this schedule i have a hard time seeing anyone or doing any thing.
at least i'm still getting a paycheck :-\