Military tuners

Started by Neb, August 16, 2009, 12:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neb

Any members interested in another forum? This is not a Mini forum. It's a forum for all gearheads that are past present of future members of the military, police force, or firefighters. www.militarytuners.com I haven't seen any other Minis so I thought I would extend a greating. My screen name there is Neb, check it out.
Neb

Minicop

:) That's cool Neb! I'll have to take a good look when I have more time. Just got to glance over it real quick. Being a Military cop (for three more months anyway)

Neb

I'd like to see more Mini's on the board. I'd like to see the Mini guys I know about in the local area get on. I would also like to bring them here and CMU if they aren't already.
Neb

Minicop

I'm afraid I'm not from your area.

Neb

Doesn't matter. Minis are my main goal. My area is secondary. You could get more from Japan, then where ever you are when you move back stateside. I love networking. What is it the rule of 7?
Neb

Minicop

I'll be in Oregon / Washington (depending on which Police Department will hire me). Are you retired military Neb? I don't know what the rule of 7 is??? Are you talikng about sea/shore rotation?

Neb

I'm only 8 years in. It's either the rule of 5 or the rule of 7. It's something along the lines of within 7 people that you know, you know everyone in the world. The explination is those 7 people know 7 people each and that waterfalls to as you keep going. If I get 7 people to join something, then each of them get 7 people, soon everyone is a member type thing.
Neb

Minicop

Ahh... ok. 8 years huh? Navy? Were you ever in Japan? I'll be 4 years when I get out here in December. Nice to talk to a fellow serviceman.

Neb

Missouri Air Guard. Only chance I got to leave the country in my career was canceled for my wedding. It was worth it.
Neb

Minicop

:) That's cool! I've spent all 4 years overseas. Very exausting! I've probably been in the states a total of about 2.5 months in the last 4 years. I almost forgot what it's like to live in my own country! Haha! I was in London first, then came to Tokyo.

To live in another country will teach you a lot about things. It's not the same as going there on vacation, you have to live there to get what I'm saying. I've met and got to know folks from all over the world, seen places that most will never get to see.

It's funny, when my high school friends from back home talk about a 5 hour car ride from Medford to Portland like it's a voyage, I can't help but laugh! I say, try living on the other side of the world and an 11 hour flight!! It's all about perspective. The world is my backyard, not my state. When I get out of the Navy and settle down, I will continue to travel as I'm very comfortable with it now.