A Russian band covering Chicago songs.

Started by Jims5543, December 21, 2016, 04:45:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

ADRay

"In Russia, pick guard film stays on bass after you buy it."

very nice, I've never heard that song before either.
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

stan360

that's cool  4.gif   they have Ksenona singing with them.... She is sorta famous, did a video with Vitas , I think.  If you haven't seen Vitas , there is one Russian singer took look up.  5 octave vocal range.

Jims5543

Ksenona  is a smoke show. Noticed her right off the bat.

Read about her performing with Vitas, have not looked up yet on list of things to do.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

John Gervais

5 octaves?  Wow!

How do y'all hear of these performers?  Do you have radios or something?

Dave mentioned a Danish singer on another thread, Mette something or other, and I've never heard of her - been living here for very nearly 19 years (2 months shy).
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

Mette Lindberg - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Quote from: ADRay on December 22, 2016, 04:34:45 AM
"In Russia, pick guard film stays on bass after you buy it."

very nice, I've never heard that song before either.

I've still got the film on the back cover plate on my axe, and I moved the film from covering humbuckers to the the area near the volume and tone controls - didn't wanna scratch the paint.

Jim, I think everyone notice her...

Dave - Well, that's not bad at all - I recognize aspects from other bands that I used to enjoy - Poe, Throwing Muses and so on, and I kinda dig the slightly retro twist.  Maybe Santa will find me deserving.
- Pave the Bay -

stan360

Quote from: John Gervais on December 22, 2016, 07:51:06 PM
5 octaves?  Wow!

How do y'all hear of these performers?  Do you have radios or something?

Dave mentioned a Danish singer on another thread, Mette something or other, and I've never heard of her - been living here for very nearly 19 years (2 months shy).

Oh, one of my sons is a musician, and so always telling me about something new.  Some of the Vitas stuff is from outer space .... but I survived the 80's so I can take it.