You can disable your miniowners.com profile!!!

Started by 481, August 14, 2009, 02:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I don't know if this was posted anywhere on MM or if you guys know how to do it already, but you can disable your miniowners.com profile.

After creating an account and realizing that I would never use it I wanted to get rid of it. I don't think it is possible for us to delete our profiles, but you can disable it for the mean time.

All you have to do is login to your profile, then click settings on the upper right hand side, then check the box that says "disable my profile", click save.

I don't think your MM profile will go back to the way it was originally (your avatar does), but maybe if they see that a bunch of people are disabling their profiles they will reconsider what they are doing. I personally don't think it is something that I would ever use, but then again I never really got into the other social networking sites either (myspace, facebook, etc etc).

Just thought I would share!  :)

MPlayle

I don't do the social networking sites either.  I only take part in a few Mini oriented forums/lists and one professional networking site (LinkedIn).

When Dennis first posted the site I tried to see what it was about.  I became wary when reading the first page.  Even more so when you had to accept the "Terms Agreement" that was still populated with garbage.  I also had issues with the pages loading on my older iBook laptop, so never even completed the process to end up with the converted account.  I have not been back to the MiniOwners site since.

Having failed to convert to the mixed site account, my original Mini Mania profile only got whacked by their global changes that dropped almost all the personal data from the profiles for everyone.

94touring

I have more mini friends on my facebook page than I probably would ever have on this miniowners thing anyways.  Plus facebook works great!

xcc_rider

Didn't set it up and don't plan to. My MM profile is good enough...

I'm not into social networking either.  If I want to share info I'll email someone...

I don't text either. I'll call you if I have something to say...

Just an old dinosaur I guess.  dan