Did you know?

Started by 94touring, July 23, 2009, 06:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

That between DC and Conneticut if you're on I-95 you'll pay in tolls: $1.75, $5.00, $4.00, $9.05, $8.00, and $1.50.  To go from one end of Jersey to the other on the turnpike cost $9.05 and to cross the George Washington bridge into NYC cost $8.00. 

If you go to a gas station thats full service and you serve yourself they charge you an additional 15-30 cents more per gallon.  And in Jersey if the guy catches you serving yourself he'll make a big scene and piss you off about 15 cents, but in West Virginia a really cute girl will come out and tell you to pull the hose around from the other side to save 30 cents. 

If you're in CT and need to go south, and you go to Scranton PA and take 81 south then cut down to 95 into Richmond VA, you'll save 30 bucks in tolls and the few extra miles spent driving are made up by not sitting in hell type traffic between Richmond, DC, Baltimore, Jersey, and NYC.           

batman1usa

Sounded like a very nice learning experience and a bit pricey.   ;D

My dad and I experienced situations like that when we were traveling around the country racing 125s. We quickly learned that taking the "long" way was almost always a better choice.  :P

94touring

Quote from: batman1usa on July 23, 2009, 07:01:07 AM
Sounded like a very nice learning experience and a bit pricey.   ;D

Well I did sell a subframe while I was up there to offset some of the cost. 

Minicop

That's bulls***!!! In the west coast driving on the damn roads is free!! No tolls. Here in Japan they rape you on tolls!! I hate it!! I spend $20 to go 10 miles on the crowded Japanese slow-way (Freeway, but the Japanese drive soooo slow!!!!) screw the East coast, wouldn't live there for all the tea in China!

WEST COAST FOR LIFE!!!!!

94touring

Yeah but not all the east coast is like that.  The northeast is though for sure along 95.  I'll take some other roads and enjoy a nicer drive with less traffic to get around that.  Besides the west coast has California, and I'll just leave it at that.   ;)

Minicop

:D Well, your right there. California: Full of nuts, fruits, & flakes.

They are all moving to Oregon and polluting my neck of the woods with their corporate, big city, I'm an asshole, I ride my bicycle in the road while wearing pants that are way to tight forcing me into oncoming traffic lifestyle.  ;D So I have to move up to Washington to get further away from them.