~ ~ Tires for MINI ~ ~

Started by batman1usa, July 21, 2009, 03:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

batman1usa

Well I need a little advise on some tires for my MINI.  I've had some Goodyear F1 all seasons for about 13,000 miles and they are the noisiest things I've ever experienced.  Like runnin a bighorn on the freeway and at 40-50 you might turn the volume on the radio up.
  Surprisingly I contacted Goodyear and they are going to give me full credit on them.  They are 205 45/17.  The only choices I have are either Goodyear or Dunlop for an even swop or pay the difference if I pick something more expensive.
  I've been on tirerack for hours looking and reading reviews on everything.  Every tire has some that like and others dislike.   AHH H!!!!  I am going to go with a 215 45/17 this time around as I've read some good about making that change.  Maybe it will correct my speedo a few mph.  ;D  reads 5 mph fast.
  Well any suggestions from the resto crowd?  I'm even thinking of going back with the same tire and the different size to see if that helps  :o

HELP ME

gasmini

Batman,
  Are you sticking with runflats or are you wanting to go with a regular tire? On mine I'm running Goodyear Assurance M/S P195/60R15. Right now they have about 22,000 miles on them and they still look great. I haven't noticed any noise at all. I'm not sure but you might be able to get them what ever size you want.

batman1usa

I got away from the runflats.  These are just Goodyear F1 All Season