Fleas

Started by 94touring, July 10, 2009, 09:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Joy and I got a couple ferrel kittens a month ago I found under a deck I was tearing down.  They are the kind of cats with no tails.  Anyways they had some fleas and were too young to treat at the time.  Now our place is borderline overrun with fleas and the flea killing stuff doesn't seem to be doing the job.  We have flea shampoo, collars, and I've given the carpet a powder bath twice.  I vacume and still with these fleas.  Its like they won't die.  What am I doing wrong?

batman1usa

;D  Get rid of the CATS and get a DOG  ;D

Really they can get soo bad, we bought a house a long time ago that was infested with fleas  I MEAN infested....  We had it sprayed from the exterminater for like $75 buck... with a guarantee they would be gone....  They were in the yard and in the 2 story house.
  Good thing for us we had the guarantee....  3 sprays over several weeks before they were all dead or moved out. 
  Shoulda gave the cats to the neighbor kids.  I don't think that shelf stuff works very good.

Willie_B

You have to break the growth cycle. Clean/vacuum everything. all the furniture to everywhere else every 3 weeks and then spray all the same every 3 weeks. Treat the cats with the drop stuff you put on them at the same 3 week cycle. After 4 of these you may have it.

94touring

Sounds like I'm on the right track then.  I've never vacumed and cleaned so much my entire life. 

94touring

Well the flea infestation is almost over.  Now when I vacume I may only get one or two, as apposed to the dozens and dozens before.  The cats get their daily bath and my girlfriend pics through their hair and isn't finding anymore.  Just a few more weeks of constant cleaning to ensure their non existance I hope. 

batman1usa

Might not hurt to spray the yard if you haven't already.  and if they come back there's only one thing left to do....

Spray the Girlfriend..... ROTFL......     ;D

Batman

If she's reading this I'm just kidding......

94touring

I'll let her know.  :) 

These are indoor cats in an apartment, so no yard to contend with.