Big favor to ask one of you.

Started by AcesLow, May 03, 2016, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcesLow

Hey guys

I have a big favor to ask, I found socket set from Craftsman that I cant order into Canada. Can I send it to one of you in the US and then you send it to me. You will be compensated for your time and shipping costs.

PM me if you are up for it!

Colby

MtyMous

I don't have a problem doing it, but you might want someone in Michigan or somewhere closer to do it for you to save a few bucks on shipping. I'm in southern Ohio for reference. If you don't find anyone, let me know. I'll get it done.

AcesLow

MPlayle

I'm in south Texas, so shipping would probably be more than from MtyMous in Ohio.

SoCalMiniFan

You have some volunteers to receive and ship so I'll offer this, save on shipping and plop it in one of those "If it Fits, It ships" boxes from the USPS.  Not sure if they're applicable to Canada but I shipped a rear set of disc brakes and pads for a Honda to my cousin (heavy as sh*t) in the $12.95 box and it got there no problem from NY to California!
"If it's not fun, why do it?"

Jims5543

I am still trying to get a radiator boxed and shipped out. Don't look at me.  LOL!! Unless you want to be pissed at me for keep it.    ;D

Plus shipping from Florida would suck.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

LilDrunkenSmurf

Quote from: AcesLow on May 03, 2016, 08:19:16 PM
Hey guys

I have a big favor to ask, I found socket set from Craftsman that I cant order into Canada. Can I send it to one of you in the US and then you send it to me. You will be compensated for your time and shipping costs.

Colby

Which socket set? Where in Canada? Curious as a fellow Canadian.

Mudhen

Oh, here we go.  You probably want it sent via your Nigerian uncle and you're going to wire us $5k and we'll send you the cash difference.

I'm not falling for that!

Again.

;D

tmsmini

When ordering you can typically have it shipped to a Sears store at no charge. Then someone can pick it up and relay ship it to you. There are some issues with identifying yourself when picking it up.

The flat rate boxes are not the same going to Canada. Where in Canada?
Terry

Dmulder

I'm in Michigan and I work for ups so all the international shipping requirements can be easily taken care of through ups. Pm me if you need me to do this.
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

jedduh01

I'm clicking on the link now - Sears US- says Sold out...Hope you can still get it.

Nice set - all 12Pt sockets.

Im in Charlotte and  I just sold and shipped  a Large car part to a person in Toronto.  Declared as a gift - insured for 150$  Shipped USPS- Priority

The box was 18 Lbs   25 x 33 x 8 =  Priority Mail - it delivered in 4 days - and did cost 84$ to ship.

jedduh01

http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-142pc-all-12pt-socket-set/p-00904123000P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

If you want - I would get it in to Charlotte for you + ship to Canada if you like.

Send me an email if you would like to go ahead. Jhandy59@gmail.com and we can make the details happen.

YOu order + ship to me + re ship to you?
I order I ship to you?
Whatever you like.

Thanks
Justin Handy

John Gervais

That's a really nice set.   77.gif

I bought basically the same set in 1984; my first 'my tools', rather than borrowing my dad's.  The set I bought didn't have all of the metric sizes, but included 3 ratchets and a couple of extensions.  It serves well to this day and was the foundation of a sensible tool box. 

Hope you can get it - you'll enjoy having them.
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Quote from: AcesLow on May 03, 2016, 08:19:16 PM
Hey guys

Colby

Thanks!! You just cost me money. I clicked around and ended up with this.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-311-piece-mechanics-tool-set-with-75/p-00953311000P?lid=orderdetailsitemdesc&riotype=SC&sid=IEx20160507SRSSTDOCFTransSRSOrderProcessing

I had a $15 credit to apply as a rebate from a lawnmower purchase so I got this set for $185 picked up locally.

I do not NEED it but it will replace a lot of tools and my son will benefit from it most.

LOL!! The internets + beer is bad.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

AcesLow

Sorry Jims5543

LilDrunkenSmurf. Yes we should hang out and I have a good set of tools(craftsman)  just want the 12pt deep  kit to match what I have now.(been doing of  alot of jeep engine rebuilds lately.)

AcesLow

I am going to Chicago for PLC training in June. I am going to try and pick them up myself when I'm down there, and haul them on the plane on the way back.  If I can't get that done I will email one of you that generously offered.

Thanks all.