MiniDave

Very butterscotch!   4.gif

You can paint my roof anytime......oh wait, you already did!   ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Butterscotch, more fitting than bracken actually. 

stan360

Yeah ! I like it.....very fitting for a 70's car.

94touring

Moving along to interior.  Trying something different where I will mask the floors and go back and shoot the remainder.  Two reasons for this.  One, it's a pain in the butt to lean into the car and spray all the nooks and crannies.  This will allow me to sit in the car.  Other reason is interiors are notoriously dusty no matter how much you clean.  The remaining areas, most of which are exposed after assembly can be prepped better without the risk of excess dust flying around while spraying.

flipstah

Whoa, that's awesome!  62.gif

stan360

Yeah, looking good.... I really like how the dash looks without the ashtray hole

MiniDave

Now I can see the difference in the floor pan where the shifter is, but I still think a remote shift would work, we'd only have to add 1 bracket at the back for the mount.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Vikram

We reverse engineered off Stan's car to get the cut out location for the rod change on my 60. It was in basically the same line as the old cutout, just further forward.
Wouldn't that mean cutting into Stan's nice shiny floor to accommodate the remote change cutout?

94touring

We found that it was 24 inches from the left inner cill to the center of the cutout and 26 inches from the right inner cikl to center and moved forward I want to say 3 inches.  It also sits higher so some fab work will need to be done when mounting the shift box. 

stan360

I did read some info on guys who went from remote to rod  by cutting  out and changing the tunnel with late body style in doing that.  I couldn't find info on anyone who made the opposite transition. The earlier tunnel sets a bit lower.

MPlayle

For going from "remote" change to "rod change" there is an adapter bracket available that takes into account the rounder tunnel shape of the the earlier floor.

Here is a link to the bracket as sold by 7Ent:
http://www.7ent.com/products/bracket-kit-rod-change-shifter-conversion-for036.html

stan360

94touring

Quote from: MPlayle on July 21, 2016, 08:20:35 PM
For going from "remote" change to "rod change" there is an adapter bracket available that takes into account the rounder tunnel shape of the the earlier floor.

Here is a link to the bracket as sold by 7Ent:
http://www.7ent.com/products/bracket-kit-rod-change-shifter-conversion-for036.html

Oh that's excellent!

MiniDave

This car is going to look great!

What color will the interior be?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

towjoe

Great tires. Really liked my 032's on my red car.
Regards
towjoe 77.gif

stan360

Good to hear the 032 tires worked out for you toejoe.....I hear they are a good grip in wet or dry conditions.  Should be ok for tearing up the town.

I have not decided on the interior yet Dave.....I am leaning toward either a tan beige w/ plaid cloth / beige carpet and door panels .
Or maybe a black and tan euro sport car look....black carpet , tan seat w black accent. 

stan360

I torn down the rear window frames today....the rubber seal was a bit crummy and some rust. I can clean the frames  up  (these are  NLA) and I can still get new rubber... I can also order new latches, but looks like I have to rivet them on the frame.  The latches are good, with the exeption of the exterior wrap around  area of one.  I could possibly smooth that out and use a chrome paint for the area since it is less than a 1"x 1" . But I will probably just replace them.

94touring

Ta..da...

Came out to my satisfaction  4.gif

MiniDave

One big butterscotch drop!

Still gotta do the doors, boot lid and bonnet? Then color sand and buff everything?

So, another 2-3 weeks then?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

stan360

I love it....looks great.  This dash mod is is winner too.

94touring

Quote from: MiniDave on July 28, 2016, 04:21:39 PM
One big butterscotch drop!

Still gotta do the doors, boot lid and bonnet? Then color sand and buff everything?

So, another 2-3 weeks then?

Bare in mind I have 2 sets of all that to do with Vikram as well as Stan's subbies, a gas tank, and then build suspension and install.  So quite a bit of work.  I've been working like a madman.  The color sanding will be painless, it really laid out nice.  Buffing is still a 2 day affair. 

jeff10049

Base coat clear coat or single stage? Looks really nice.

94touring

Base/clear.  Not very often I do single stage.