New wheels and tires

Started by Willie_B, February 29, 2016, 11:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willie_B

Finally got the set of Jellybean wheels all refinished and the Yoko A032R tires installed. Took about 4-5 hours per wheel to clean & polish/paint. They looked like what you expect a 40 year old set of alloys to look like when I started. The offset is different than my other set of wheels (of course) so I may need to try a thinner spacer in the front. The only downside is the head is off at the moment so no playtime yet.

MiniDave

Gonna need some arches there.....the car looks really good in the pics, did you give it a polish?

Whose head is off, yours or the car?   ;D

What are you doing to it now?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

The head is off to sort the changing valve lash. I thought hardened seats were put in a few years back when the head was done but we will see now.

No polish, just a wash and wax a few weeks back.

94touring

MiniDave

Quote from: Willie_B on February 29, 2016, 12:00:39 PM
The head is off to sort the changing valve lash. I thought hardened seats were put in a few years back when the head was done but we will see now.

Yeah, you can usually see the difference right away...here's Dan's head with hardened seats installed, if you don't see these, it doesn't have them.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

The wheels look super!  77.gif
- Pave the Bay -

Willie_B

The rear looks funny because of the super minifins back there. Maybe I should paint the minifins black.

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

Spitz

Looking so much better than they did when I pulled them off a rusty 1972 "barn find" that had wheel barrow tyres mounted to them...lol