Switch on brake pedal???

Started by Dmulder, February 27, 2016, 11:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmulder

I currently cannot locate my Haynes manual.  In the process of replacing my master and slave clutch cylinders I needed to take my clutch and brake pedal out. In the process of reinstalling I broke this switch. Can anyone tell me what it is called?
"In like a lamb, Out like a lion."

Willie_B

towjoe

Or you go to your local auto parts store and buy a nice brass one there. Ask to  look through their
brake switches or stop light switch.

also if you want plug the old hydraulic switch , just screw in a short wheel stud!

stan360

Oh I just broke that too disassembling my auto....I never thought about a nice brass one though....

Dmulder

Just checked 7ent.com. They get $7 minimania gets $13. 7ent gets $16 to ship it. My local auto parts store has the same exact part for $11.00. They list it for a spitfire but it works. Thank you for your help. I thought that was what it is but wasn't 100% sure.

MPlayle

Dmulder,

Could you post the part number and store name for future cross referencing?  What year Spitfire did they find it under?

Dmulder

Oreily auto parts part number Line: IDI | Part # 18-2022 for and 1976 triumph spitfire.

MPlayle

Flyinace2000

Quote from: MPlayle on February 28, 2016, 07:31:42 AM
Thanks!

Related question.  I'm converting from hydraulic to mechanical.  My pedals don't have the holes to accept that mounting bracket http://www.somerfordmini.co.uk/eshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=193&products_id=3552.  Whats the best way forward?  I could drill a hole to accept the bracket or is there a better way to mount the switch?