Growing the 'social' side

Started by John Gervais, July 25, 2015, 05:18:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Yeah he tells you to clean up your act but not Boison.  Maybe Jemal is Boison.  I almost told Jemal to just ignore you like we're suppose to do with Boison. 

John Gervais

Yeah, I don't get it, been on MM since April 2000 and have really enjoyed it over the British forums - being an American, I've more in common with the Americans; I've made a few friends, never met most of them, but enjoy discussing things with them.  Some guys have been over here and we've had fun.  Given that current MM attitude and climate, it'll be a cold day in hell before I recommend MM or the MM forum to anyone.

I try to help anyone when I can, try to be nice, welcoming etc. - makes me almost want to get the 914S I've been eyeballing locally and join a Beetle community. 

Present company excluded of course -
- Pave the Bay -

tmsmini

I am here too John, but forget to check in regular like.
I am looking for a thread on injection I posted to and I cannot find as the injection car is almost ready to start.
Terry

MPlayle

I saw Jemal's comments.  You are not the only one that has gotten coarse with the troll - he's gotten to Lurch, Zippy, Malsal (Malcolm), Dan Moffet and others as well.

Someone should call out Jemal as a "troll lover" for his tacit support of Tony's provoking behavior on the forum.  Jemal should be asked if he supports the giving of outright wrong and harmful advice by Tony as a means of making newer Mini owners having to buy parts to repair the damage done by the bad advice.

I've been highly tempted to tell both Jemal and Tony off on the MM forum, but decided to abandon posting there anymore instead.  I still lurk only to try to watch for informative threads.  Unfortunately, Tony has shit in so many of the current threads, it has become hard for anyone to find the actual 'on topic' discussion.

Just my rant.

MtyMous

Merlin

I hate using that forum. I just gave up on it when they changed the site. Better forums out there to use, case in point...
Engineering the Impossible

LIMini1380

I don't own a mini, but hope to soon. MM's board has been a valuable resource for years for me, and many others. Lot's of great minds and wonderful technical conversations. With the recent events, it's been quite the awful place to lurk. I visit the message boards here, there and at the MKI forum on a daily basis, mostly just to learn what I can before I actually, finally take the plunge. I've found MM quietly dropping out of that rotation. I hate to see a quality online resource like that go to waste because of ONE idiot troll/ hater. Jeg, I don't think you have anything to apologize for. Boison/robster/velocity/Tony has basically ruined every good thread in the last six months. A lot of his attacks came directly at you and MtyMous; the only thing I can blame you for is getting back in the ring with that asshat! Besides that, I don't think anyone can blame you for trying to defend yourself in a public forum.
  Thanks, Dan, for hosting a great site with lots of good information for someone who is looking forward to taking the mini plunge in the coming years. With all the gleaned information from years on these boards, it should be a breeze.
Right??!??  RIGHT??!?

MPlayle

LIMini1380,

At the very least you'll jump in knowing what you may face.  Each Mini seems to have its own set of quirks.  There is also a slight difference between the learned knowledge from studying and the hands-on experience of doing.  (I lurked on various places, studied like crazy and was mentored for about 5 years before I took the plunge back in 1998 and got my first Mini.)

The support may be failing over on MM, but it is thriving on this forum and others.

94touring

MtyMous

Welcome to the game. I hunted for my mini ACTIVELY for probably 2 years before I bought one. haha And I lurked everywhere.