Minis For Sale on BAT

Started by MiniDave, January 08, 2015, 01:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Interesting color for a Moke. Looks good - other than the modern LED headlights which look like they belong on a modified 2019 Wrangler.  They really hurt the front end looks of the Moke IMO.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Willie_B

On the moke it looks like the steering track rod ends are installed up side down. Or have been doing it wrong all this time?

https://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/16001739235e361395688d0fb345EFC86-461F-447E-90B6-5614C323FE24-scaled.jpeg?fit=1536%2C2048

I though the hole and the part that goes there are tapered so it should only fit one way.

MPlayle

94touring

That looks extremely wrong.

Jimini II

Definitely upside down good catch Brad.

Jimini II

Are those top bows an Aussie Moke item?
Not sure if it is the angle they just look different.

BruceK

How the hell did they fit the steering track rod ends upside down?  Did they drill out the taper or just torque the hell out of them? 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I've been watching that, might be fun to have another Inno!   ;D

There's also an interesting little 1980 Ford Fiesta on there.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I know the first versions with the A Series engines had Mini subrames front and rear but this one looks like it does not. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on December 14, 2020, 06:46:01 AM
How the hell did they fit the steering track rod ends upside down?  Did they drill out the taper or just torque the hell out of them?

I think that's exactly what they did. I pointed it out on BaT after reading WilieB's comment here. He said he just had it aligned, too.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on December 14, 2020, 07:55:30 AM
I know the first versions with the A Series engines had Mini subrames front and rear but this one looks like it does not.

This looks like a 3 cyl turbo?

Edit Diahatsu motor.....He had it for sale in 2019 for $24K!!!! I wouldn't be paying anywhere near that!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I was on a trip to Canada in the mid-1980s and saw a dealer that had a bunch of these Innocenti models with the turbo 3-cylinder engine sitting on the lot.   This was several years after they were brand new cars and the inventory was still unsold.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on December 09, 2020, 08:13:09 PM
A Japanese market 998 Mini is now on BaT.  This one now has twin carbs. And it's been converted to 10" wheels.  That's something I might do with my Mini down the road. I think they look better than the 12" wheels.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-austin-rover-mini/

This No Reserve auction is only at $6K with 9 hours to go.   Will someone get a bargain?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

The blue '86 Mini sold at No Reserve for $9,000 with the usual moaning by California residents on the difficulty/impossibility of registering it in that state.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

And now a restored Innocenti Mini Cooper is available on BaT.   Looks to have most of the Innocenti-specific items intact.   Were't the "Export" models built in the Belgium factory rather than the Italian one?

From the photos, I see it was shipped to the US on the Hoegh Traveller car transport ship.  That's the same ship that carried my Toyota from Japan.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-innocenti-mini-cooper-1300-export/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jimini II

The 86 project no reserve Mini bought all the money it was worth i thought.
The Innocenti offered now looks like a decent car it will be interesting to see how much it brings.

MiniDave

Nothing like putting in a new sunroof that leaks!

Speedo's inop too

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Sunroofs.  I hate them.  On all cars.  Stupid idea if there ever was one.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

The only car I bought with one on purpose was our Audi, cause the bride likes them.

I have one in the Racing Green Mini and I hate it too.......I concur completely.

In 89 you could buy a Lexus LS400 with cloth interior and no sunroof - from 1990 on - you couldn't get cloth and you had to get a sunroof. We had a lot of older folks who wanted cloth no roof and could not get it when they went to trade in a couple years later, and of course the car was 50% more too....with options it was frequently twice as much.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I have the double sunroof in my MINI, and I hate it.  It really lets the sun bake the interior - even with the perforated  50.gif  sunshades pulled closed.  But back in 2002 I wanted a new MINI so badly that I just took whatever I could get. And of course the only ones they were pushing with the full spec ones.

My wife's new Mazda SUV has a sunroof against our wishes because it's standard.  :-[
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

One of the main reasons I had to order my 07 mini was no sunroof and the LSD. Who wants all that weight on the roof in a performance car.  The interior heat was another thing considering mine was all black.
The wife on the other hand wanted the new panoramic sunroof in her new car. Main reason we got the Acura over the Lexus, that and the excessive grill.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jimini II

Quote from: MiniDave on December 16, 2020, 06:45:04 PM
Nothing like putting in a new sunroof that leaks!

Speedo's inop too

Looking at the front profile of that roof it is not the correct one, it is dead flat and should have a slight curve.
We have two cars we bought used that came with sunroofs and never open them, they end up to be way more trouble than they are worth.
I feel if you want a sunroof buy a convertible.

The one thing that still amazes me is the amount of Mini owners in the UK that put sun roofs (pop up glass cheapie ones) into any classic Mini pick ups and vans included, but I don't mind a full length Webasto in a Mini as it makes the car feel much larger imo.
When I was importing Minis I located two pick ups and one had a £50.00 glass sun roof in it so I had it welded up and re painted with a new headliner.

MiniDave

The cheapy glass one is what my car has too - I don't like it. It rattles when it's open (fortunately it doesn't leak) and on a bright sunny day I have to wear a hat to shade my eyes, even tho it has some sort of sunshade on the glass.

It doesn't seem to do anything to add more air on a hot day either.

I've seen a few guys put the sunroof cassette from a new MINI in a classic, and while I think it looks really cool, I had one in my 2003 JCW like Bruce does and the heat gain was unbelievable in summer. No thanks. When I ordered my '09 Clubby, I made sure it did not have a hole in the head!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: BruceK on December 11, 2020, 07:50:23 PM
A customized deseamed Mini is now on BaT.   Not to everyone's taste, so this will be an interesting auction to watch. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-austin-mini-4/

This just sold for $17,500.  Some people raved about how much they loved the customizations, which surprised me a bit.  But to each his own.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S