The drunk thread

Started by 94touring, December 28, 2014, 10:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on December 11, 2017, 05:25:50 PM
Very romantic pic Jim.

Awe... thank you Daniel.

Quote from: gr8kornholio on December 11, 2017, 06:26:48 PM
I'm on the hunt for the Elijah Craig Barrel proof.  So far no good.  Straight out the barrel no messing with it.

I never paid much attention Elijah Craig, I assumed it was just a crappy low end, it will get you drunk, kind of Whiskey like Jack Daniels.  I was wrong, I was surprised how smooth it was. Today I learned there is cask strength. Gonna have to check my local Total Wine, then find time to drive there if they have it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

In flint Michigan drinking the water.

BruceK

Well. At least it has a good head.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

John Gervais

My neighbor came over a couple of weeks ago with a bottle of Blantons -  77.gif
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Quote from: gr8kornholio on December 12, 2017, 06:12:05 AM

SCORE!!!!!! I can only get the garden variety here.  Someday.......

Quote from: John Gervais on March 17, 2018, 01:00:29 PM
My neighbor came over a couple of weeks ago with a bottle of Blantons -  77.gif

THAT is a good neighbor.

Last week began another trip around the sun. I broke the seal on some special stuff and reminisced about life in 1997 while dining a a nice steak and twice baked potato and some delicious asparagus.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Moline...Indiana, Iowa, Illinois? Not sure where exactly but found a decent bar.

John Gervais

"I broke the seal on some special stuff and reminisced about life in 1997 while dining a a nice steak and twice baked potato and some delicious asparagus. "

I miss 1997...
- Pave the Bay -

BruceK

It's not a quiet summer evening made for a relaxing brew.    But it sure feels like one.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Drinking so much you're halfway to upside down!

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 07, 2018, 12:16:50 PM
Drinking so much you're halfway to upside down!

You made me remember this.

BruceK

Haha.   Sometimes I feel like that cat.

Enjoying some local Welsh lager tonight.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Although some of the pizza toppings here are definitely different from those back home.   

Beetroot?  Sheep?  Mussel?  Duck?   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

I wonder how drunk you need to be to order a pizza with those toppings  8.gif

Jims5543

The Barton 1792 distillery had a setback last week. It is the talk of all whiskey drinkers who have all volunteered to come there and help with the cleanup.   ;D

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/kentucky/article213655859.html

I was out to dinner last night, next door to the restaurant is a cool mom and pop liqueur store. I popped in after dinner to see if they had anything interesting.

I happened upon this and well, had to get it and give it a try.

I had some last night, it was pretty good, I will give a better review once I can compare it to another.

John Gervais

Looking forward to hearing about it.  I recently discovered a newly opened whiskey shop literally just around the corner from me - around 250 meters away!  Looking through the window, it looks like there are hundreds of different bottles - wish I didn't have to fix the mini...
- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

OK.

Here is my opinion. I wanted to taste side by side with something good to see for sure.

I have some run of the mill Elijah Craig (EC) on hand so I had a small portion of that vs. the 1792 just to see if I was right and I am.

The 1792 is harsh, has more bite and has more of a alcohol / moonshine type of smell and taste to it than the EC. The EC is much smoother, has a more pleasant aroma and is just a much better spirit all around, especially since it is at the same price point.

I personally would not buy another bottle of the 1792 again. Not something I would crave for. So save you money unless harsh borderline paint thinner / moonshine type of Whiskey is your thing.

94touring

Taking one of these home to see if they're any good.  Make them at home all the time using alcoholic ginger beer.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on June 26, 2018, 04:53:45 AM
Taking one of these home to see if they're any good.  Make them at home all the time using alcoholic ginger beer.

Do they sell those on the plane?

American sells a pretty good IPA in flight. I typically grab a couple when flying.

94touring

Yeah I didn't know we had them back there till yesterday. I usually avoid the liquor cabinet.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on June 26, 2018, 12:40:25 PM
Yeah I didn't know we had them back there till yesterday. I usually avoid the liquor cabinet.

Probably a good idea.   ;D

Ok Play time over back to work. adios!

John Gervais

Thanks Jim - I'll keep nursing the Dalwhinnie until something better happens along.
- Pave the Bay -

MiniGene

My wife bought this at the store this afternoon.  I don't know if you've heard but there is a beer shortage in the UK and Europe.  Gotta take the necessary precautions.

BruceK

Quote from: MiniGene on June 28, 2018, 11:21:15 AM
My wife bought this at the store this afternoon.  I don't know if you've heard but there is a beer shortage in the UK and Europe.  Gotta take the necessary precautions.

I heard about that.  Shortage of CO2.  Right in the middle of the World Cup too!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S