A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Mudhen- a good friend of mine works as a chassis fabricator for various NASCAR teams over the years. At one point he was working on Travises team. They became good friends. From what I have been told,  Travis is an awesome guy and a huge car guy. He has some ridicules cars in his garage. He was supposed to come to one of f our bi-annual car meets a couple of years ago but something came up. I was excited to play car with him. I had my monster RX7 at the time.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Ah taco bell.  And here I thought it was Alexander Graham's bell.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on July 20, 2014, 04:41:53 PM
Mudhen- a good friend of mine works as a chassis fabricator for various NASCAR teams over the years. At one point he was working on Travises team. They became good friends. From what I have been told,  Travis is an awesome guy and a huge car guy. He has some ridicules cars in his garage. He was supposed to come to one of f our bi-annual car meets a couple of years ago but something came up. I was excited to play car with him. I had my monster RX7 at the time.

He definitely seems that way - like he's just having a ball and even in awe of all the crazy stuff he gets to do.  He was in a winter TSD rally I was in a few years back - just sitting there like the rest of us at the drivers meeting, goofing.  Seems like a genuinely nice person.

What's that bell made out of?  You'd think with all our technology we could have someone weld up that crack.   8.gif

Jims5543

Sunday is beach day. We decided to go several miles north today away from the inlet because the Army Corps of engineers has opened up the water from lake Okeechobee and it ruins the water quality here.

We mistakingly set up on a dog beach. There has to be 50  dogs here most are out of control. I am just about ready to leave for a different beach.

I love dogs dislike poorly trained ones 

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I cannot remember the last time I fired up the smoker. My cousin and aunt and uncle are coming over to help us eat it.

sparetimetoys

Oh man got this for breakfast at Einsteins. Strawberry smear in apple cinnamon bagle.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

94touring

Organic fruit beers.  Not overwhelming fruit taste either.

Jims5543

I have to admit, I have not tried the fruity beer too much. I may mix up a 6pack next time I am at the house of brews and give them a try.

I forgot to update with a pic of the ribs as they finished up, that pic above was very early on in the 6 hour slow cook.

Went for a walk up at the Ft. Pierce Marina this evening after meeting the parents for dinner downtown.  I happened to notice this lucky dogs gas bill from filling up the boat.

94touring

There was a rope hanging in the jet bridge.   I couldn't contain myself.

Mudhen

Jims5543

I, for one, prefer my pilots to off themselves on their own time rather than on the job.

Mudhen

lol!

My favorite bumper sticker:

'I want to die quietly in my sleep like my grandfather...not yelling and screaming like the people in his car'

Jims5543

Finally got to try a Duff beer. Universal has it brewed just for the park.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on August 09, 2014, 01:37:37 PM

Finally got to try a Duff beer. Universal has it brewed just for the park.

4.gif

Jims5543

Inside Universal Studios is a Irish Pub called Finnegans Bar.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/finnegans-bar-and-grill-orlando

I ended up with a flight of their premium crafts.

This is our go to place, we initially headed to Mo's Tavern but was disappointed to see it was facade. Up front is a replica of the bar in the Simpson cartoon, out back is a giant cafeteria with a line that looked to be 1 hour long. Pass...

Finnegans is a sit down table service proper restaurant. There is traditional Irish fare, Scotch Eggs, Bangers and Mash, Shepherds Pie etc.. as well as traditional American fare. Wings Burgers etc..

I can usually walk right into this place without much of wait, maybe 10-15 minutes. Plus you can wait in the bar for a table and have a pint or 2 or 3.  ;D

I saw this in a gift shop out in City walk if anyone wants one speak up and I will grab one for you next time I am up there. In case the pic is hard to see, it is a classic Mini pencil sharpener. Comes in only 1 color though.

So my Kid is a Harry Potter fan, so we went to the new section in Universal where Jaws used to be to see London and the Harry Potter crap. This is the only picture I took from there. I thought the replica train was well done. The ride on it is cool, they replaced the windows with TV screens. You ride this train from Universal Studios to Islands of Adventure, to park hop. During the ride over, they make it appear you are leaving London, crossing English Countryside, then ending up in the fictitious School city from the books. It was well done. Actually, the cities are both very well done.

If you have a kid that is a fan, this is geek heaven for them.

Back to real life again....

sparetimetoys

Just a little warm at work. I like how the big wheels sit in their nice air conditioned offices and say we don't need to cool the hanger. The brains also wonder why less work gets done in the summer. We had a director of maintenance put out a memo once bitching about how graveyard shift used more batteries than any other shift. He didn't get it when someone wrote did you ever hear of a thing called flashlights? 

Jims5543

Heat index here hits 110 every day now until October. Especially standing in the sun, which is unavoidable.  Hence my desire to get out early and get done in 5-6 hours.

So much fun.  Hang in there I feel your pain.

Ever heard of this place, my little bro works there.

http://www.bigassfans.com/for-business/aviation/maintenance/

Edit... Holy Humidity batman!! I would kill for 30%!!!! Kill I say Kill!! 80-100% and 95-98 degrees here right now.

Mudhen

I've started to hear grumblings of a trip to Universal next year for us...last time we went south we just went to Disney and stayed on the park and never left.  This time supposedly we're going to rent a house/condo or something and check out some of the 'other' attractions.

So if you wake up one morning and there's a tent in your backyard and a 4yo sleeping between you and your wife don't worry - we'll be gone in a week.   77.gif

sparetimetoys

Quote from: Jims5543 on August 11, 2014, 06:08:38 AM
Heat index here hits 110 every day now until October. Especially standing in the sun, which is unavoidable.  Hence my desire to get out early and get done in 5-6 hours.

Edit... Holy Humidity batman!! I would kill for 30%!!!! Kill I say Kill!! 80-100% and 95-98 degrees here right now.

We have some of their fans in the hangers. They are about the size of the rotor on a helecopter.  You would think it would help but think about where they are. Next to the roof where the heat rises up to. When they run sure there is lots of air movement but its like you kick the heater on. So we don't use them on hot days we use fans on the floor.

Jims5543

Quote from: sparetimetoys on August 11, 2014, 07:20:59 AM
Quote from: Jims5543 on August 11, 2014, 06:08:38 AM

We have some of their fans in the hangers. They are about the size of the rotor on a helecopter.  You would think it would help but think about where they are. Next to the roof where the heat rises up to. When they run sure there is lots of air movement but its like you kick the heater on. So we don't use them on hot days we use fans on the floor.

I completely understand. I wonder if they would serve better reversed? Pulling the cool air up and moving the hot air around a little. I have no idea.

In low humidity like that you really need to be careful with hydration. I know I just went through over 2 liters of water already today and I only peed once. Which is kind of scary. 

I will probably drink 1 to 1.5 more liters before the day is over. Now that I am back inside sucking AC I can re hydrate.

No Swamp fans?  They would be perfect in your climate.

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on August 11, 2014, 06:18:37 AM
I've started to hear grumblings of a trip to Universal next year for us...last time we went south we just went to Disney and stayed on the park and never left.  This time supposedly we're going to rent a house/condo or something and check out some of the 'other' attractions.

So if you wake up one morning and there's a tent in your backyard and a 4yo sleeping between you and your wife don't worry - we'll be gone in a week.   77.gif

We have 1 year passes that started this past weekend with no black out dates.  Let me know when you go, maybe we can actually meet up for a Duff beer.   ;D

sparetimetoys

No Swamp fans?  They would be perfect in your climate.

They used to have them back in stores but the adult challenged folks working there would screw with them and bust em. But on the companies side we move at least one or two 737s in and out a day and you open up one side of the hanger to do it so you would lose all that nice cool air we paid how many $ for.

sparetimetoys

This should be an easy guess for some one. Where am I.

94touring

94touring

Since I'm recovering from a cold I decided to do some more kitchen updating.  Here are my countertops.