A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparetimetoys

Quote from: Jims5543 on September 03, 2014, 06:06:52 PM
Quote from: sparetimetoys on September 02, 2014, 11:18:57 AM
THat was me who got bit. A couple of steriod shots and paks and it all cleared up.

I wondered how you fared through that ordeal. Glad you are OK, you really owe that co worker. Lets us know if you need suggestions. With the right amount of alcohol and grade school intellect I am sure we can come up with a great scheme.

he like eye drops in his water bottle?  I dont know why.....
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

94touring

sparetimetoys

Nice job  4.gif I like how it looks like the grain in the top bends around the corner.

94touring

Thanks!  Technically it does bend.  One continuous flow. 

Mudhen

What are the counters made of??  Looks really cool...

94touring

Epoxy.  I showed some of the pics of the process back on page 10. 

Mudhen

Saw the pics but had no clue what it was...should have figured with you there would some sort of high build epoxy something or other that needed color sanding and buffing involved.

Looks incredible, though.   77.gif

94touring

Lol nah no color sanding and buffing.   Simply pour and use a flat edge to swirl around.   After its spread out you take a torch to it to pop bubbles and marbalize.   Here is a section I added some copper powder to.   It's more subtle in person but I had to get fancy with the camera for it to show.   

94touring

Walking to get ice cream and spotted a squirrel who looked friendly.

Merlin

The squirrels over at woodward park are like that. They will take food right out of your hand.
Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

BIL - Got bit by a squirrel a couple of weeks ago when he was feeding it at an outdoor patio restaurant with us. He was feeding it some bread and it tried to eat his finger too.

We jumped on a small plane yesterday and flew to a small Island.

We are in the Conch Republic for a long weekend celebrating our 25th anny.

When we first got to out room this was the view out the back window.  I was not pleased. The room kicks ass though, perfect for a romantic weekend.

It was actually leaving as we arrived in our room, now we have a view due west looking at Sunset Island.  We are supposed to go over there for dinner tomorrow night, we are checking to see if the ferry runs over there.

As luck would have it, there is a Harley Poker Run here this weekend. So expect some fun pictures soon.
I had to check into the office and answer soe emails. The bad part of owning a business (the good part is being able to stay in this amazing room)  this will be my last post for the weekend.

peace.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on September 19, 2014, 08:30:12 AM
Your wife looks like she could 25 years old.

It runs here her family. When I met here her mom looked like that. Her mom is still a stunner in her late 60's.

Found a distillery that opened 6 months ago. The rum is remarkable and the vodka is the smoothest I have ever had.

Mrs.5543 sitting on our balcony  enjoying the sunset.

View from our balcony this room kicks ass.

The street performers are setting up along and off of Malone square. Not a fan of it all but the stunt cat man is right off our balcony. Too bad we are going to dinner.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

sparetimetoys

Stunt cats  71.gif 71.gif I love stunt cats. Skip going out to eat. Liquid diet and enjoy the show.

Jims5543

There really in nothing more to add here.....

Sorry sparetime we did not stick around. We hit a little Gastropub that the locals frequent and after my wife stops shopping for shoes we are going to gawk at bikers.

Jims5543

A bar with a pool? What could possibly go wrong?

We spent 3 hours here today bar tab was $30 and the people watching was priceless.

Late every October there is fantasy fest in Key West. There is this tutu event every year and EVERYONE must wear a tutu.

Jims5543

We went to a place in Key West called "Better than Sex" it was a desert bar and if you are lucky you may walk right in. Otherwise, snag a reservation about 2 weeks out.

I had a desert drink, a Stout in a chocolate dipped glass, it worked very well and was very good.

If you find yourself in Key West or planning on it, let me help. I HATE Duval street and any restaurant on the Water.  We always try to find places the locals frequent.  One such bar is called simply "The Porch" surprisingly, it is almost on Duval, (at the SE corner of Caroline St) but it is tucked far enough back that you have to know it is there. You walk up to a house and go up the front porch, open the front door and then you are in a hallway. You have 2 choices, left or right, to the left is a Beer and Wine Bar called the Porch, to the right is a Cuban style old school liquor bar called "The other Side" when you first walk into the other side, you will think you made a wrong turn, it looks like a Victorian living room in a museum.  Relax, you are OK, keep going around the corner and there is a bar, all drinks made from scratch. And good.

On the left is where we spent some time, the bartenders from the surrounding bars slip in here during breaks to relax and have a craft beer or 3. Lots of locals too, kids running around, babies in arms.. it reminded me of European Bars where drinking is not so taboo.

Our bartender looked a little like Zooey Deschanel and happened to be our Waitress from the night before in a little off the beaten path restaurant called 2 Cent. She remembered us right off the bat. We sat and had a couple of drafts and talked it up with the locals that were there on a Friday afternoon.  We loved the Star Wars themed decor and the T-shirts for sale were so obscure we had to get some.

For example:

Upon leaving Key West I told Mrs.5543 that I had heard there was an exceptional bar in the airport, so if we got there too early, well, we had something to do.  ;D

Reports were correct, a neat bar is indeed in the airport prior to the security checkpoint, and the draft selection was very varied and good. So was the decor:

When I asked the Bartender about the engine, she produced this paper for me to look at as she fetched me an IPA.

Oh and on the flight home I had to laugh at this.... 10bd.... really? So we are what? going from bleeding ears to just temporary hearing loss?

Oh and the wife hit a home run, another hobby of mine is watches, while it is not a big hobby, I love a nice watch and have a few. She added a stunner to the collection.

94touring

I wear ear plugs on every flight when I'm in the back.  Even jets are loud to me.  Nice watch.  Did I ever post up my wood watch on here?

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on September 23, 2014, 07:02:22 PM
I wear ear plugs on every flight when I'm in the back.  Even jets are loud to me.  Nice watch.  Did I ever post up my wood watch on here?

We saw a store selling those wood watches in KW, they were really neat and made of very exotic wood. I do not recall seeing a picture of yours.

94touring

I get comments on it nearly daily, sometimes multiple times a day.  Real conversation piece.  Mine is made of maple.

Merlin

I love watches, but I never wear one anymore. When I worked in jewelry, we would get some of the custom timepiece magazines in and they would have some real stunners.
Engineering the Impossible

Jims5543

I swore I posted in here earlier.  Dan, that is slick. It looks just like the ones I saw in KW, I was very tempted by them.

Jims5543

Mrs5543 is slightly pissed at me. I added another toy to the garage. I have always loved the Ruckus and i could not pass up thos sweet deal. Gets over 100 mpg and will go almost 50 mph with a guy my size on it. My new errand running vehicle.

For Dan, this building was the original offices for Pan Am, now it is a brewery / restaurant in Key West.

Anyone that works with folks breathing down their necks will appreciate this sign:

94touring

That's cool!

And when you showed your wife the bike I hope you looked at her dead serious and said "you still want to go Aspen? "

Jims5543

I told her that her name is to be Mary Sampsonite from now on.

Holy Batman! ! The aftermarket for these Ruckus scooters is remarkable.   I think I already spent  $200 on it and i have not registered it yet.