A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparetimetoys

Driving back from Tulsa as we get just above Sherman TX I see this truck.  I'm thinking I know that truck. It's one of the guys I work with. So I text him get outa the way your plugging things up. It drove him nuts when I blasted past he can't stand not being in front.
Home of Global Warmer Racing. Saving the smog one car at a time.

Jims5543

Greetings from the Atlantic coastline. Forecast high in the mid 90's today.

Water temps as follows:

Ocean 83 degrees.
Pool 90 degrees.

Everyone have a relaxing, safe and fun weekend. And most importantly stop for a moment and think as well as thank all the troops who have passed while serving this country.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Mudhen

Quote from: sparetimetoys on May 24, 2014, 04:03:57 PM
Driving back from Tulsa as we get just above Sherman TX I see this truck.  I'm thinking I know that truck. It's one of the guys I work with. So I text him get outa the way your plugging things up. It drove him nuts when I blasted past he can't stand not being in front.

Lol...will be great when he looks in his mirrors and sees a Mini in them, flashing to pass!!   4.gif

83 degrees, Jim????  83???  Probably a little cooler than that on my Atlantic coastline - I think they said low 50s.  Ahh, refreshing!

x2 - thanks to all you who have served our country.  I tried and got booted, but my father served during Korea...

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on May 25, 2014, 06:50:51 PM
Quote from: sparetimetoys on May 24, 2014, 04:03:57 PM

Lol...will be great when he looks in his mirrors and sees a Mini in them, flashing to pass!!   4.gif

83 degrees, Jim????  83???  Probably a little cooler than that on my Atlantic coastline - I think they said low 50s.  Ahh, refreshing!

x2 - thanks to all you who have served our country.  I tried and got booted, but my father served during Korea...

Grew up on Long Island, water temps there in the summer were similar to you, 50's are the beginning of summer, then, if you were lucky, mid to high 60's by the end.

I am spoiled down here in the Caribbean I am not happy unless water temps are in the 90 range. 

It was weird last summer, we never really had any warm water temps, while they said they were in the mid 80's it never felt that way and if you swam deep or went out past the sandbars, the temp dropped drastically. My buddy who is a diver said he noticed it too, he was wearing a short wet suit most of the summer last year.

This summer the water temps seem to be warmer so far. I hope that is NOT indicative of a bad hurricane season.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 25, 2014, 10:27:35 PM
Da bomb

Mmmm.... Beer....

I always take 3-4 weeks off every now and then just to check to see... I come from a long line of professional alcoholics so I like to throttle back the beer / booze for a few weeks.

I was sitting in a sports bar having lunch a few weeks back and a good friend comes in and sits next to me, I had not seen him in about a month or two, and I notice his hand is trembling, he has the shakes!!  He gets a beer in him and his hand stops shaking.  That is effed up.

I have never gotten to the point where I "NEED" alcohol, I just get nervous when I find myself drinking more and more, so I stop, to make sure I do not need it.  Do I miss it? Hell yeah, I had wings the other night with... water... I nice frosty beer would have been perfect. But rules is rules and 3-4 weeks from now I will indulge again.

94touring

I go through periods I rarely drink.  The problem for me is I forget my tolerance is low and I get abliterated accidentally.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 26, 2014, 06:23:56 PM
Quote from: 94touring on May 25, 2014, 10:27:35 PM
Da bomb

Mmmm.... Beer....

I always take 3-4 weeks off every now and then just to check to see... I come from a long line of professional alcoholics so I like to throttle back the beer / booze for a few weeks.

I was sitting in a sports bar having lunch a few weeks back and a good friend comes in and sits next to me, I had not seen him in about a month or two, and I notice his hand is trembling, he has the shakes!!  He gets a beer in him and his hand stops shaking.  That is effed up.

I have never gotten to the point where I "NEED" alcohol, I just get nervous when I find myself drinking more and more, so I stop, to make sure I do not need it.  Do I miss it? Hell yeah, I had wings the other night with... water... I nice frosty beer would have been perfect. But rules is rules and 3-4 weeks from now I will indulge again.

I do a similar thing, although typically for 15-20 hours.  Still, I make it.   4.gif

Jims5543

Quote from: Mudhen on May 28, 2014, 02:09:23 PM

I do a similar thing, although typically for 15-20 hours.  Still, I make it.   4.gif

LOL!! With the week I am having, if I do not drink, I think it is safe to say I am not an alcoholic.  Monday evening, after spending all day working around the house and on the boat, Mrs.5543 announced we were grilling steak for dinner and she felt like having a Margarita. At this point I had hit my 1 week point and she did not even notice I was not drinking.  I told her what I was up to and she decided to not have a drink in solidarity.  LOL!

Tomorrow I am putting down my best buddy for the last 14.5 years. If I do not have a drink tomorrow, or tonight, I think I it is safe to say I do not lean on the shit, I just enjoy it.

94touring

sparetimetoys

Took the last flight of 509. Small bone yard in ark.

94touring

How many hours are on one of those frames before it heads to the bone yard?

sparetimetoys

I'll have to look it up when I get back to work. They had a couple RJs from GO airline and a couple ATRs that cet the final crush this weekend. One of the RJs had the RAT hanging down and we asked just how much does one bring. The boneyard owner said $300K for everything including the mount. Needless to say we stopped spinning it and walked away.

Jims5543

Wow Sparetimetoys, that is really cool, I did not know they tore them down and disposed of them. I though we just sold them to 3rd world countries where they fly until they crash.

Shows you what I know.

94touring

sparetimetoys

There is pictures out ther of one of our old 200s in a corn field in Russia were it landed when the flew it out of fuel!  Where they end up depends on who buys it from the leasing company for now the parts and scrap guys are paying the most.

Mudhen

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 28, 2014, 05:28:53 PM
Tomorrow I am putting down my best buddy for the last 14.5 years. If I do not have a drink tomorrow, or tonight, I think I it is safe to say I do not lean on the shit, I just enjoy it.

Sorry to hear it man...that sucks.   :(

Jims5543

Today is the worst, I have been busy at work so I have been distracted. Have to admit I hated coming home in the evening and she was not there.

Saturday morning has been the worst outside being in the vets office going through with it.  She had no fight left in her, I would have been selfish to try to keep her around any longer, the time was right, hell she collapsed on the way into the vets office and had a seizure. 

I sucks here right now, we are heading to Orlando this afternoon to meet up with our older son and take him out to dinner and legal drinks for his 21st birthday this evening then spontaneously staying the night in a hotel downtown. Something we have not been able to do in a long time. So I guess there is that.

Oh, and I am still dry, although I am breaking that run this evening with my son. Then back on again.

sparetimetoys

Quote from: 94touring on May 30, 2014, 05:56:45 AM
How many hours are on one of those frames before it heads to the bone yard?

We get 72K + hours and over 68k cycles before they go. But we inspect and maintain more than is required.

Jims5543

My Orlando, how you have grown and changed. I can remember a time when the only place you would dare go in the Downtown area was Church Street Station. You never dared wander off there unless you wanted trouble.

Now the entire downtown is full of restaurants, bars, hotels and all other kinds of entertainment destinations. Church Street is still there as well although it is not like it used to be.

We stayed at the Aloft downtown and pretty much walked everywhere we wanted to go.

Looking towards downtown from in front of the Hotel.

Front of Aloft:

Lobby, at night this place is packed. Drinks are spendy though.

The bar top has LED lighting that changes and they have Dog Fish Head on tap.   ;D

My son took us to the college area of Orlando, there is a really neat Pizza shop there, you only need one slice. They have a special called "Boxcar Willie" it is a cheese slice and a PBR draft for $4.50. They also had some good craft beers on draft as well.

I do not know if you can read the Booze Bible, they have 3 grades of wine there. Good, Decent and Cheap.

94touring

Jims5543

2 nights ago up the road:

Worked 1/2 a day yesterday and spent the rest on the boat.

Dolphins swam by, hard to see they were far away by the time I got to my phone:

I also drank beer on the boat:

sparetimetoys

Fri. Breakfast at Juan in a Million in Austin this is 1 Don Juan breakfast taco. The man vs food chalange was to eat 7.  It was good but 1 was all I could eat.

sparetimetoys

94touring

Jim are you a pbr fan now?

Across the street at my favorite bar on Sunday.   Always this duo singing.