A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

I saw this Westy today and got a kick out of the proud 2WD sticker.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

This Nissan frontier truck parked next to me and I have no idea what's going on.   Is this a fad "the kids"  ;D are doing?  It couldn't naturally have melted, right?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

jeff10049

Quote from: BruceK on December 16, 2020, 09:47:32 PM
This Nissan frontier truck parked next to me and I have no idea what's going on.   Is this a fad "the kids"  ;D are doing?  It couldn't naturally have melted, right?

global warming? 

Probably a fad like rusting your hood.

ve9aa

Every single cars' badge looks like that here, but it went from +8*C and raining to -15*C and fffreezing overnight.
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

Red Riley

Quote from: BruceK on December 16, 2020, 09:44:37 PM
Does that mean it's got a welded diff?

BruceK

Quote from: Red Riley on December 17, 2020, 08:55:55 AM
Quote from: BruceK on December 16, 2020, 09:44:37 PM
Does that mean it's got a welded diff?

Haha.  Good point.

I suppose we should also have to question some AWD badges and four-wheel-drive stickers too! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

I spotted a Waymo self-driving car today.  Most of these are in Arizona I believe, but I spotted this one here in Texas.  The driver/observer rolled her window down and we chatted for a moment.  She said the car does everything.  And I guess that's what she supposed to say. 

I wonder how much space in that minivan is taken up by computers processing all the data which the cameras are supplying.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

OK, not exactly from my cell phone, but it seemed appropriate anyway.....

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

They really need to show Groundhog Day tomorrow as well to make things happen. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Amen. Thermostat change on the 85 yota pickup.  2 bolts and a hose.  One broke and it turned into replacing the intake manifold. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Jen drove down to Dallas to help kill the boredom.  Out to dinner and this is parked at the restaurant.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on March 03, 2021, 04:57:56 PM
It's a sign! 

(Literally  ;D )

Indeed!  The brisket enchiladas were good too!

Jims5543

Every month we have family game night, 2 weekends ago we hosted. Each member of my wife's family takes turns each month.  It was a wonderful evening, the weather was a tad on the brisk side, so I lit a fire in the chimney and you needed a sweatshirt too. We played cards against humanity, 3 generations at the table and hysterical laughter was had all night.

Pic 2 - We took the dogs downtown to walk them around, since we rescued the younger one we had been locked down, we want him to be very comfortable in crowds so we seek them out and get him in them as much as possible. last weekend we thought we were going to a green market, we had no idea there was a concert on the riverfront and an street art festival.

So triple win for us, we were able to really throw him into the fire and he did fantastic. Stayed in place next to us and obeyed our every commend.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

I've seen about 4 billion Cobra replicas, but I had never seen a Cobra Daytona replica in the flesh until today. 

It was a lot smaller than I expected - I guess I was thinking it was going to be more Corvette sized.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Nice to see it out on the road at least.....we have one of those running around here too, used to see it at car shows....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

What's crazy is after they were finished with the racing Daytona's they just left them in Europe, cause to them they were finished with them and worthless.  This was on one of the Shelby documentaries on Netflix.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on March 23, 2021, 06:37:02 PM
What's crazy is after they were finished with the racing Daytona's they just left them in Europe, cause to them they were finished with them and worthless.  This was on one of the Shelby documentaries on Netflix.

Yeah that is very crazy. I think that was kind of normal when a race car was no longer competitive they pretty much just tore parts off them, or sold them for almost next to nothing. All kinds of race cars.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Full in on a bathroom remodel in my condo.  Didn't think to grab the before demolition photos, but it was looking pretty dated and worn.

94touring

cstudep

Nice! That is one thing I would have never associated with an airport, a swimming pool. Of course I have never had access to the super cool areas of an airport.....if such things exist.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S