A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

With the inno at my place now, I'm having to move 3 cars out to work.  I guess there are worse problems to have  4.gif

94touring

Every time I change the oil in my truck and the drain plug bust loose the metal sump guard is there to greet my wrist.

MiniDave

I have a hammer and a big chunk of wood for when I do that.....it doesn't really help but it gets rid of some frustrations.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Sounds like time for a longer handled ratchet.  Luckily non of my current vehicles have drain plugs or filters in stupid places.  X-girlfriends Saturn was first class stupid location.  Honda was second, why put the oil filter above the exhaust.   
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

A lifetime ago when we were newlyweds I ended up in the emergency room after doing an oil change on my Honda Civic. IIRC it was the first one I was doing to it.  King Kong had done the one before me, best I could tell. I was pushing with all my might (big mistake, I was young and stupid, now I am an old drunk) when it broke loose, I punched the bottom the of the car with all my might.  I was benching 350 for reps back then so imagine the force I was using.

7 stitches to my finger later and I was on my way.

Ironically I was double insured back then, my car insurance paid the Emergency room bill because it was an accident in and around the vehicle, I am sure those days are gone.  My health insurance was not needed.

I miss health insurance.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Can't park in one spot, no problem let me help you with that.  Got home and where I park my truck was this guy.  He has a bad habit of taking up 2 spots.  Hope his fat ass has trouble crawling across the drivers seat.

cstudep

Always one of those people, usually driving something "new" which seems to make them think they can park however they like.

I have been known to take up 2 spots at times, but only when I am in the truck and when I do I park out in the boonies of the lot where it really does not matter. The turning radius on my truck is so large and the truck itself is so long that it can be difficult to get in/out of some of the tighter parking spaces when you get other large vehicles parked around you so that is why I generally just park way out by myself and walk.

What pisses me off to no end is when I park way out all by myself so that I have more room and some asshole still parks right up next to me when there are 50 other spaces with no vehicles they could have parked in. At the very least they could at least leave one space between us.

Jims5543

FYI - I park out in the boonies too, I prefer the longer walk.

When I see a nice car parked out there, and I am in a beater, will park next to it so my drivers door is towards them.

I am there for protection. I know I am not going to door ding them.  We can coexist out there in the boonies together.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I park in the boonies too. Well truck was gone this morning.   He must have had fun getting in.

cstudep

Quote from: Jims5543 on December 02, 2020, 11:58:02 AM
FYI - I park out in the boonies too, I prefer the longer walk.

When I see a nice car parked out there, and I am in a beater, will park next to it so my drivers door is towards them.

I am there for protection. I know I am not going to door ding them.  We can coexist out there in the boonies together.

Never thought about it like that I guess, but I am not exactly driving anything super nice since my newest vehicle is now almost 12 years old. All I ask is don't park so close that it's then hard for me to get into my vehicle, kind of defeats the whole point of me parking out by myself LOL 77.gif

I am sure people think I am a being a real prick when I am pulling a trailer because I make sure I park so I can get out when someone inevitably tries to park me in by parking in the spot right in front of me and right behind me. I'm pulling a 20ft trailer I need a little turning space, and I parked  as far away from the store as I could for a reason. Mainly so I am not inconveniencing others, but also so I can actually leave when I need to.

BruceK

So... it's a "thing" here in Texas to give your ranch a name and put a fancy gate on it.  Doesn't matter whether it's an actual working ranch or just a couple of acres somebody is pretentiously calling a ranch.

I'm guessing this is the latter.   Unless this is supposed to be ironic.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

So what are you calling yours?  Pics of the gate design? 😁
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

I don't have a name yet, but I've already settled on a simple gate design.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Somewhere between Fort Pierce Florida and Okeechobee Florida is a ranch named Triple K ranch. 

I never gave the name a second thought.  My SJW brother in law was in my truck with me and flipped his shit over the ranch name.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

I think SJW stands for "Social Justice Warrior"?

ve9aa

I was going to get a picture, but my cell phone rang and I got distracted...

Today at work, just as I was leaving there was a big ass lifted 4x4 truck parked kitty-corner near perpendicular (about 45*) across on this big WHEELCHAIR parking spot.....ginormous blue/white wheelchair logo painted emblem on the asphalt spot and little signposts with wheelchair emblem and smaller text that says "placard must be displayed" or words to that effect. (it wasn't and someone in a wheelchair could not have gotten into this truck.  Even someone with canes couldn't have.  Docs around here will write anyone a chit to get a wheelchair placard for their vehicle. (a different thread for another day)

I sooooo wanted to do something devilish to that thing.  No skin off my nose, but the parking lot was full and I was about 90% sure it was a contractors truck taking up a spot for someone that actually NEEDED the spot.  They park right in this area all the time either taking spots for staff.

I don't need it...I park 1/4mile away, way out in the same parking lot....but if I was one of those folks in actual need, man, I would've been pissed.
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

MiniDave

You can always call the cops, they'll write them a significant ticket for doing that.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I went to Austin today and stopped by a JDM importer there.  They had 3 pretty tired looking Minis that appeared to have been parked there for an extended time.  All were automatics and all were a bit pricey IMO ($12K to $14K).   

The car to the right is a Suzuki Cappuccino, a Kei front-engine RWD sports car.  Think of a 3/4 scale Miata with the same footprint as a Mini.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

I also came upon this on a side street in Austin. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

What did they want for the Cappucino? Was it the turbo version? What year?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

BruceK

The Cappuccino is a '92 and priced at $10K, so about $3,0000 to $4,000 more than if you imported a similar one yourself.   I believe all of them are the same 660cc turbo engine.   Technically, it supposed to be limited to 63hp because it is a Kei car, but it's faster than other cars of the same displacement (eg Honda Beat) so the thought is that it produces a little bit more than the Kei legal limit.

Here's their website which doesn't appear to be completely current with their actual inventory.   https://www.austinjdm.com/

No price shown on the camper, but I blew up one of the photos I took and the For Sale number to call for info looks like 503-887-8503.  I saw a sticker on it that says the manufacturer is Dub Box USA. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Went to dub box and looked at prices for new ones.  Lot's of options.  Also lot's of money. I could just import a whole bus and mod it out for less.