A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cstudep

They used to drive them around Denver all the time, we moved out here to Missouri around 1991 or so. I remember riding around in them when I was a kid. I believe this on is a 1984 model. Somewhere in there anyway.

You could not go anywhere if you were in a hurry as once you pulled in somewhere and stopped you never got out of there easily. It's the same way hauling it around on the trailer LOL.

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

It's the same way with a classic Mini!   ;D

Same thing used to happen with my XKE, when I'd pull in for gas it would be at least half hour before I could "escape", but it comes with the territory I guess.

Didn't the Pulse use a Honda Goldwing motor to power them? I think I remember them as Litestar?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Yes they were litestar at some point. I cannot remember if that was at the start or at the end. As things generally go there was some sort of controversy there, partners not agreeing, missing deadlines, etc..

Here a link to a place with the most information about them. http://www.autocycles.org/ The first ones were air cooled kawasaki 400cc motors. They overheated like nobody's business in that enclosed rear space. Later ones sometimes came with the water cooled goldwing as an option.

This is one of the 400cc ones, and the other one I have was a parts machine so it is missing all sorts of things from it but he canopy and windshield are there which are the 2 nearly impossible things to find if you need one. I plan to turn it electric at some point as it would be simple to do. I have a water cooled 900cc ninja motor I was going to put in this one, but the 400cc still runs for now. I may drop it in when the engine eventually fails, that is if I ever get the brakes fixed, some of the lines are darn near impossible to get to in the front.

BruceK

One of the members of the local mini club found this at a furniture store today, and promptly bought it!  Not inexpensive at $900, but certainly unique.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

John Gervais

Some years ago, Hyacinth and I were at Robert and Yvonne's house for dinner and we learned that the woman who lives in the artist studio below/behind him has a mini.  It was her first car, and when it finally died, she had it cut and mounted on her wall.  Bob and Yvonne have since moved back to the States, so I no longer have access to viewing it.  T'was spectacular!

This is her car - about ½ mile from my apartment.
- Pave the Bay -

BruceK

Hmm.  What are the chances my wife would go for a piece of Mini sculpture mounted on the wall inside our house?

Turns out the chances are exactly the same as when I suggested perhaps we could park my Triumph Bonneville inside because I really like just staring at it.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

gr8kornholio

Saw that mini looking loveseat thing at Living Spaces.  Saw it in Grand Prairie store.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Quote from: Jims5543 on July 17, 2020, 03:03:01 AM
Quote from: MiniDave on July 16, 2020, 08:35:37 PM
$1200 seems cheap, they charge a lot more around here - I got quotes around $3K for my 3 acre rectangular plot.....

This was a 1.7 acre property.  In an area known to have issues. The house sold for almost 600K I am sure it was absorbed into the sale.

I am now bidding on a 29 acre property west of town in the middle of nowhere that is listed for sale for $700K. I am grappling with a price for this as I expect this one to take all day if not 2 days to complete.

I got the 29 acre job.  It took 2 crews one day to do, we bid about 5K to do it.

When we got there there was a 18 wheeler out front, we drove past and down the long drive to the house. As we got out of the truck ( I took my FJ thinking I would need 4X4 and I was right) the caretaker of the property met us. His name was Ed.  He has been the caretaker there for over 20 years, he appeared to be in his 60's.   We were speaking with Ed when the driver of the 18 wheeler came up. He was the owner, or better described, heir of the owner.  He told us ED would take care of us and left in haste.

Ed was awesome!!! He could tell stories for days, tall tales and colorful ones. We liked Ed a lot.  Ed offered to take us on a tour of the property corners when we were ready, he knew where everyone of the 15 corners were on this 29 acres property.

Ed runs on beer, Bush light to be specific.  I was digging Ed more and more, he was a character.

When we were done with the homestead, Ed saddled up in his tractor and told us to try to keep up.  He took off, I dropped my FJ Cruiser in 4WD and took off after him.  We came up on corner after corner, right where he said they were.

About 10 corners in, Ed declared he was out of gas and had to head back, he gave us a verbal on the last couple of corners and took off. Mike was working with me and laughed as he got away from us, Mike says, "He is not out of gas, he polished off two Bush lights while he was with us, he was heading back for more". I had not noticed but it seemed to be a astute observation.

We found our last few corners, located them, then located fence lines and GTFO of there.

We arrived at 0830 and left around 1400, we flew through that job.

I was worried about Ed, I knew the place was changing ownership and was worried Ed was going to be let go.  I asked the title agent if they knew the fate of Ed. She made my day.  Ed was kept on as care taker, the new owners bought a tiny house for Ed and set him up on the property in his own place.

I hope to have time soon to head out with a case of Bush Lite for Ed and to hang out drink some beers and shoot the shit with the crusty old feller.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I like Ed's style Jim.

Got back from Germany yesterday afternoon.  3 days of hiking, eating, and drinking excessively so I was ready for a break.  But, walked into the hotel here in Baltimore and 8 other pilots I know were in the lobby, so the party continued.  Ended up drinking a plethora of Corona and having seafood down on some balcony overlooking the bay.  NOW I'm going home to relax.

Castle in Germany built in 1100s.

94touring

They put brand new 100000 watt bulbs in the light pole.  We took the blinds down earlier in the year. Here's the light blasting into our bedroom.

MiniDave

I was so happy when the lightbulb went out in the streetlight outside my bedroom, it's been close to 3 years now and it's funny no one has reported it to the city yet!  77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I took my Mini to get it annual state inspection today and on the way home I decided instead to go for a two hour drive.   It was overcast, looked like it was threatening to rain, and about 68° - the car must have thought she was back in England!   ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on September 23, 2020, 07:44:51 PM
I took my Mini to get it annual state inspection today and on the way home I decided instead to go for a two hour drive.   It was overcast, looked like it was threatening to rain, and about 68° - the car must have thought she was back in England!   ;D

Fun!  Still looks shiny too.

BruceK

She got a good paint job!  And I'm really going to clean her up because the local Mini club has a big drive this Sunday – which I organized and will lead.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Set your video camera to shoot out the back window and take some video for us?

Sounds like fun! Our club is doing one of these drives on Sat Oct 3rd, there will be about 4 classics among the big MINIs.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Interesting idea.....second pic is the actual engine compartment - looks like a turbo is mounted under the carb and a big ol intercooler in the right fender.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Love the intercooler bigger than the radiator!

Is that a Portuguese license plate?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

jeff10049

Quote from: MiniDave on September 21, 2020, 09:34:54 PM
I was so happy when the lightbulb went out in the streetlight outside my bedroom, it's been close to 3 years now and it's funny no one has reported it to the city yet!  77.gif

$50.00 and I didn't hear a thing LOL :D

ve9aa

Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

ADRay

I saw this truck last evening in the Tip O'Neill Tunnel in Boston. Actually, I heard the engine brake first. Quite a sight for my two boys. (Not my pic, I couldn't get one as I was driving)
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

BruceK

Who's ready for the zombie apocalypse?  (aka the year 2020!).  ;D

Reminds me of the evil truck in the movie Duel that terrorized Dennis Weaver.  Spielberg's first big movie.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle