A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

Quote from: Willie_B on July 20, 2020, 09:01:31 AM
Looks like a nice cool place to be.

It was cool...compared to hot and muggy Oklahoma right now!

tsumini

BruceK

Spotted this later Doka today.  It's LHD but has a F reg UK plate at the rear.  I'm guessing that is because it has TRK for truck in it.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Red Riley

Since we both work full time from home, we've been taking Sunday drives to get out of the house for a bit. We went to the boneyard beach at the historic Botany Bay plantation near Edisto Island last weekend.

94touring

I signed up for gmail 16 years ago.  It's rare I delete emails and over the past few days have deleted over 15k of them.  Sorting through was a real blast to the past and I saved some.  This photo is when I moved from NC to OK in 2003.  The 007 mini was my MPI and the blue mini off to the side didn't belong to me at the time, but it's my current blue mini (Then I broke down 74 mini mild refurb).  I had talked to the guy on minimania and he helped me unload my car when I got into town.

BruceK

Ah. The past.  Nice to see a glimpse of your Mini history. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Quote from: BruceK on August 06, 2020, 09:07:52 PM
Ah. The past.  Nice to see a glimpse of your Mini history.

It is.  This is the first mini I actually restored/refurbished or whatever you want to call it.  Drove to Florida, drove it back, did it over my xmas break in about 10 days working around the clock.  It was one of my first paint jobs after shooting test panels and screwing around on another mini pickup that I owned. 

94touring

I removed the moonroof and welded in a panel.  It was my first time doing glass and a headliner.  Upholstered the seats and all that too.  Sold to a guy in Denver.  Then I started importing them and received cars from Peter Cavalo to fix up for westpaminis. 

BruceK

Today I took Emma out for an early morning run to literally blow the cobwebs off.  It was still in the 70s so not hot at all.  She ran great and I enjoyed the drive.  I love that car.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

70's? Wow, it's cooler there than it is here......
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

Yesterday, I went to the KC Auto Museum for their "One offs and oddballs" show.

See if you can name all the interesting cars that were there!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

It may have been 75° at 7am but by 9am it was in the upper 80s already. But I was home by then. It pays to the be the early bird here when dealing with avoiding the summer heat.  Also, in the rural areas it's typically at least 3 to 5 degrees cooler than in the "big city".
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Name the cars?  I see a Ford Cortina, a Lancia Scorpion/Monte Carlo, Honda Beat & Acty & CRX, Morris Minor pickup, Austin America, Jensen Healey, Chrysler Crossfire, Chevy Spark, Saab Sonnet III, Volvo PV544, VW Rabbit Pickup, Fiat 124 and X 1/9, BMW Isetta, Smart, Daihatsu Mira (or perhaps a Suzuki Alto Works - hard to tell from just the roof line), Suzuki cappuccino, Datsun 260-Z, MGB-GT, Camry, Pontiac Fiero, Ford Granada...

I think I'm going to get a passing grade on this one!

That's great that you guys are able to have car shows.   Nothing like that happening here.  50.gif
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Wow, you are the great car-spotter! It was an 80's Cortina GT, a RHD MGB-GT, a Mitsubishi Kei car, a diesel Rabbit pickup,

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Another day in Bulgaria. Hiked to a variety of old churches.  One built in the 4th century.  Unfortunately couldn't take pictures inside of any but the one had the most amazing paintings on the walls and ceilings I've ever seen.

Wheel chair ramps?

And lastly took a cab to some restaurant recommended on the side of this one mountain here.  Ended up getting into a car wreck (no injuries) had to do some more hiking, and finally made it. I was getting hangry by time we ade it there.

94touring

Glaciers flying into Anchorage this morning.

BruceK

Call photo! Looks like those two glaciers come together just out of frame.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

cstudep

Quote from: MiniDave on August 09, 2020, 10:57:24 AM
Yesterday, I went to the KC Auto Museum for their "One offs and oddballs" show.

See if you can name all the interesting cars that were there!

Is this something they do every year? I have the perfect oddball vehicle for this type of show, just need to get all the collapsed rubber brake lines replaced on it one of these days.

MiniDave

Yes, I think they do this every year......they do a show at the museum once a month all thru the summer if you want to come down.....where in Mo are you?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Nice I may have to check it out. I live north of KC about 90 miles, almost in Iowa. We have chatted via text, it's been a long time back as I was preparing to take my '60 mini down to The Roasterie's mini show last year. I think you were out east at the time or something so couldn't make it.

I will see if I can muster up some pics of the oddball ride and whatever back story I can, nothing to do with Mini's but most people have probably never seen one before, and it definitely rates as odd.

MiniDave

You're in Limoni, or Bethany area?

I know a few people up that way. What would you bring to the oddballs and orphans show, a Studebaker?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

cstudep

Bethany area for me, and while I would love to have a Studebaker (my son really wants one) I do not have one. This would be the oddball thing.

A little back story. These things were built back in the 80's, 2 seater one behind the other, they are powered by a motorcycle engine driving the rear wheel and are licensed as a motorcycle. My parents had a motorcycle shop back then out in Denver Co. where they had 6 of them to sell. I think they sold one to Coors that used it as a promotional thing, my uncle has one, I have 2 (one in rough shape) and I have no idea where the rest ended up. If you watch closely in the Back to the Future 2 movie you see one around town when he goes to "2015". They made just under 400 of them I think before they went tits up.

This particular one was my grandfathers and is in basically "as sold" condition, minus all the rubber bits being rotted away, and various other mechanical issues from sitting for 30 years.

MiniDave

Oh, you definitely have to bring that down to the oddballs and orphans show!

I've never driven one but I'm familiar with them......as in I've seen one at a show somewhere. I used to live in Denver but I don't think I ever saw one on the road.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad