A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr8kornholio

Think it'd look better if they'd used the big 4 door sized body but with just the 2 doors.  Turbo 4 and all wheel drive.  Maybe up the suspension and put some real tires on it.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

I nearly stepped directly on this guy yesterday next to my driveway. He was big too - about 5 to 6 feet long.  It's the first big snake I've seen since moving here and I've decided there's no upside to telling my wife about it.  . 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

I spotted this Land Rover for sale this morning, parked in front of a strip mall.  LHD, and based upon a couple of stickers, it seems to have lived in Central America.  A piece of paper on the passenger seat says the owner wants $12,500 for it. Seems kind of high to me.   But it sure does look cool.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

Actually, that seems very reasonable.  If it is in any sort of decent shape, it could go for way more on BaT.  A few of similar vintage have sold for the $15K range, but most seem to have gone for $20K to $30K range and up.

MiniDave

If it's diesel it will sell easily I would think......all aluminum body work so the only thing that can rust is the frame, and they're so beefy I doubt it would ever be an issue.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I don't really know all the Land Rover series, but with the outboard headlights I believe that bodystyle is late 60s to sometime in the 80s.  I didn't really pay attention, buy there was a list of stuff wrong with that included such technical terms as "leaky brakes" and a claim that when restored it would be worth up to $50K  ::)  .  I suspect it was gasoline powered as the diesel ones weren't happening until the 80s? 

Here's the dealer badge.  I didn't research it but looks to be Central American as I said. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

I get this hunch the parking brake does not work.

Those are very sought after, that is actually a good price, especially if it is rust free.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Yup.  He was just driving it that way.  Not sure how he was able to see over the remodeled hood, but I bet he didn't care.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I wonder if they offer the extra insurance like at Hertz and Avis and such?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

They do. At least on the big trucks.  Never rented one of the smaller ones.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

You can only rent a pick up for in town use, if you want to go out of the city limits you have to rent at least a 15 ft van/box truck.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

If they send this text message to enough people I'm sure they get someone to fall for it.  Probably a Nigerian prince behind it.  ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Or the Russians, Chinese or North Koreans!

So, you didn't click the link?  ::) :D

I would like to have a computer set up that would be "safe" from the effects of all these scams. By that I mean I could click on them and see where they lead without causing irreparable harm to my credit or bank balance thru thievery.

I would just like to see how and what they're trying to do, and see if I could follow the trail back to where it leads.

At the very least I would see if there is a number at Whole Foods that I could forward this text to - and let them deal with it. I'm sure they have tech people or IT people who would like to see where this goes.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on June 07, 2020, 09:33:01 AM
I nearly stepped directly on this guy yesterday next to my driveway. He was big too - about 5 to 6 feet long.  It's the first big snake I've seen since moving here and I've decided there's no upside to telling my wife about it.  .

I was plodding along in the field 2 weeks ago, GPS gear thrown over my shoulder not a care in the world, when suddenly the ground moved!!  I jumped out of my skin.  It was only a black racer and he was beating along getting away from me.

I made a mental note to be more mindful walking around, we have rattlers and moccasins here, I have not seen any in ages (knock on wood)  and do not want to.

I have had to kill a few coral snakes on the back pool deck over the years.  With a couple of small dogs, the coral snakes are my biggest fear, one bite will kill my dogs, or me.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Did you look up to see what kind it is? Almost all snakes are beneficial in a rural environment, and with you building a garage, it will keep the meeces and other rodentia out of your cars.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on June 24, 2020, 07:20:58 PM

Did you look up to see what kind it is? Almost all snakes are beneficial in a rural environment, and with you building a garage, it will keep the meeces and other rodentia out of your cars.

I believe it's a King Snake, non-venomous.    I walked fairly closely behind it and kind of nudged it away from our property where it might surprise my wife walking to the mailbox.  It really would freak her out so I've declined to show her the photo (or the snake video I took).  Or to even mention the encounter.

Regarding rodents, I've got five rat bait boxes around the my lot.   I needed those at my old house because the property backed to a creek.  But it's dry here and there really hasn't been any nibbles on the bait. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Never thought I would see this ever. Both dogs off leash in public.

Both come when called and heal when commanded to. They spent 2 weeks with a trainer it is amazing to see the transformation.

BruceK

That's great the dogs have learned so quickly. 

I took my dog to an empty park today to let him run freely.   On the perimeter I saw this guy in a trap.  My dog just ignored him.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Jims5543

Locating a shoreline on a waterfront home, I way overpriced this job expecting the worst. I walked up on all the property corners pretty much exposed being Concrete Monuments.  I think I spent 2.5 hours on the property and bid $1200 for the job.  Winning!!

MiniDave

$1200 seems cheap, they charge a lot more around here - I got quotes around $3K for my 3 acre rectangular plot.....

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Quote from: MiniDave on July 16, 2020, 08:35:37 PM
$1200 seems cheap, they charge a lot more around here - I got quotes around $3K for my 3 acre rectangular plot.....

This was a 1.7 acre property.  In an area known to have issues. The house sold for almost 600K I am sure it was absorbed into the sale.

I am now bidding on a 29 acre property west of town in the middle of nowhere that is listed for sale for $700K. I am grappling with a price for this as I expect this one to take all day if not 2 days to complete.

BruceK

There's a exotic wildlife ranch on the road that goes to our house.  The ranch is so big that usually you can't see any type of animals near the fence line - they are off elsewhere.  But today we spotted a small group of zebras playing around.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Got back from the rockies last night.  Couple highlights.

This was about a 7 hour round trip hike to where I proposed 3 years ago.  It was our 5 year anniversary week.

Willie_B