A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

The beach in this area is not maintained. Beaches along County park land might be maintained depending on its size, the larger properties are raked etc.. The more rural ones are left natural.

We tend to go to the rural beaches that lack facilities, showers etc.. they tend to be empty, which is what we like, we never have liked packed beaches.  Even before the Kung Flu.

QuoteHyacinth thought that I needed a place to dig holes, cut trees, split wood and engage in all the manly activities associated with my remaining essentially a perennial 14-year old

:D  Hyacinth sounds like a keeper.  I like her style.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

Triumph club run this morning, 32 cars showed up - 3 people had masks on and were appalled that no one else did. Nice mix of cars - a Sunbeam Imp, a fuel injected TR250, Morris Minor pick up, couple of nice MGA's, TR3's, TR4's, one GT6, one Austin America, and the usual TR6, MGB's, Midgets and so on.....also a couple of modern cars - new Mazda Miata, Fiat 500 and a Hyundai sedan.

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

That's a great variety of British cars! Lots of cool ones.

Crazy that people expected others driving their own cars to be wearing masks.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Well, to be fair, the point of the run was to visit a number of historic local sites having to do with the Oregon, Santa-Fe and Military Road trails, all of which met here in Kansas.....at each of these sites we'd be visiting we would be out of our cars and mingling - but to their credit - everyone mingled separately!  77.gif

Out of the 50 or so people at the event, I think I saw half a dozen wearing masks....good turnout tho!

And............really appreciating my new seats. Super comfy over a 2-3 hour run like this.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

Need y'all's expertise.  Can anyone identify this? 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

ve9aa

Looks like some kind of Austin Healey hard top to me, but I am not at all versed on that marque.
Mike in NB

30 minutes in a Mini is more therapeutic than 3 sessions at the shrink.

MiniDave

The car is a Healey 3000, as to the little vent on top it looks like what you see on a Mini van?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

It's not just an Austin Healey 3000, it is a replica of the BMC Works "Big Healey" rally cars.  The vent on the roof and the vents on the front fenders were used on the factory rally cars and also on the cars that ran at endurance racing events like Sebring.    But don't Google "Austin Healey Sebring" because it brings up the god-awful fiberglass Healey replica cars that use the name Sebring too.

Here's an article about the Works rally cars: 

https://drivetribe.com/p/1964-austin-healey-3000-works-rally-F78CcANZRJ-QrZLSDT0hsg?iid=XlOSsExDRJyCnFk3kRHhVg

The rally car In the link above has the roof vent, but the endurance racer in the video below does not.  But just like with the BMC works Minis, the configuration of the cars changed slightly from event to event. 

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Our newest rescue, Ricky, was neutered today.  It has been a chore keeping him calm and settled. We tried taking off the cone of shame and he went right for those nuts... we had no choice but to put it back on. Puppy energy should never be underestimated.

Jims5543

MiniDave

It's a Florida thing........we wouldn't understand.  ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

I actually have not seen any in ages so it was a welcome sighting. We have land crabs in this area, I am about 3/4 mile from the inter coastal waterway years ago this was a common sighting.

MiniDave

Just a cyclical thing or some other reason?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

gr8kornholio

Willie_B

MPlayle

Uhm, ... ... No.

Reminds of the Suzuki X-90, which was also a "No".

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on June 04, 2020, 09:37:54 AM
Yes or No

Mmm.  Not for me.  But I always thought it would be cool to get one of the Red Bull MINIs - minus the graphics and can.  They are kind of like a MINI Pickup. 

Unfortunately, they are all automatics, so a no-go for me.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Just found this article on a former Red Bull MINI that was converted to either a 1) Zombie apocalypse vehicle, or 2) a Baja-type off roader thingy.  Or both!

https://drivetribe.com/p/raid-area-51-in-this-red-bull-mini-eQFRssdARAy60c0eJJ9BZQ?iid=DOqPtwvRQ0yO1sj7gnMwzg
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S