A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

94touring

A Chinese car from Mexico?  A Corona Covid-20 model.

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

gr8kornholio

Love old time ads.  This was facebooked by my wife's grandma.

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

According to my buddy who was a WD40 rep for 25 years, and who has had this sent to him about a thousand times, it is NOT a real ad, but a clever photoshop.

Still worth a chuckle tho....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Cooked some ribs today, and while the smoker was going I tossed on a full chicken I had in the freezer.  The chicken was cut up and put in the fridge for tomorrow night. I find smoked meat is 10X better after it sits overnight.

The ribs were cooked too fast and an little tough, this was all an experiment for the bacon on Thursday, I wanted to see how to set up the smoker to get 200° solid for 3-4 hours.

Cooked up the giblets for the dogs... They are spoiled.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

At a garden center today I spotted the perfect tombstone for the ultimate Ferrari enthusiast. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

BruceK

Looking in front of me at a stoplight today, I learned that the Chevrolet Silverado is called the Cheyenne in Mexico. 

I wonder how they pronounce Cheyenne?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Mountains in Sophia Bulgaria from my hotel room.

jeff10049

Quote from: BruceK on April 25, 2020, 02:11:39 PM
Looking in front of me at a stoplight today, I learned that the Chevrolet Silverado is called the Cheyenne in Mexico. 

I wonder how they pronounce Cheyenne?

Used here until 1998 I think.
My dad had a 72 Cheyenne. 

Jims5543

Over a year ago I struck a deal with a paint and body guy in my storage building to do a full repaint on my older sons E30.  It needed some repair too. The price was about 50% off what a typical shop would charge, the only caveat was that they would work on it when they had nothing else to do.

Now that the economy is slowly crashing, they have nothing to do. So its finally getting paint. 

Once that is done it gets a little TLC then he has to decide what to do with it.

He initially wanted to sell it, then looked to see what kind of price he could ask and was shocked how the E30 market has taken off.  He thinks he can list it for 16K and probably get offers. It is a 1991 318is with a E36 M3 motor swapped in. The motor alone is worth about 6K.

So now he is wondering if he should keep it and sell off the Subaru.  I think he should insure it as a collector and just keep it for weekends and long term investment.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on April 28, 2020, 09:48:09 PM

That is awesome!!  Are you allowed to wander at all or is that a no no?

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on April 29, 2020, 04:00:43 AM

It's similar to the states.  I see people walking in a park from my hotel room.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on April 29, 2020, 04:53:17 AM

I asked that wrong.

Can YOU wander or are you kind of sequestered being a DOD employee now.

I am assuming they are on lock down there as well.

jeff10049

So now he is wondering if he should keep it and sell off the Subaru.  I think he should insure it as a collector and just keep it for weekends and long term investment.

Is it even a question between a 318 or Subaru?
Id sell that Subaru before the head gaskets get worse guaranteed they are already leaking some. 

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on April 29, 2020, 05:51:05 AM
Quote from: 94touring on April 29, 2020, 04:53:17 AM

I asked that wrong.

Can YOU wander or are you kind of sequestered being a DOD employee now.

I am assuming they are on lock down there as well.

We can wander around.   If there wasn't covid hysteria here too we'd be out exploring.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on April 29, 2020, 09:19:39 AM

We can wander around.   If there wasn't covid hysteria here too we'd be out exploring.

Just looked,  population of 7 Million, 1,400 cases, 64 dead.

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on April 29, 2020, 07:56:31 AM

Is it even a question between a 318 or Subaru?
Id sell that Subaru before the head gaskets get worse guaranteed they are already leaking some.

I think he should insure it as a collector, sell the Subaru and get a beater to run around in.

Right now he drives his Girlfriends Hyundai all the time. He is afraid to drive the Subaru because it is due for a timing belt.

Jims5543

Paint done, time to do some small mechanical things, nothing major and then on to the interior.

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Builder was clearing a lot and found an engine.

BruceK

A few squirts of WD-40 or PB Blaster and it will start right up!   ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

tsumini

Jims5543

I had to survey an Oceanfront property today so it can be permitted for new home construction. Our beaches opened up Monday, these are the type of beaches we go to, in other words beaches you will not see in the news right now.

John Gervais

Nice; it's very similar to the one we go to.

When we first moved over here, Hyacinth thought that I needed a place to dig holes, cut trees, split wood and engage in all the manly activities associated with my remaining essentially a perennial 14-year old, so she/we bought a large-by-Danish-standards summerhouse lot (historically referred to as the 'estate').  We've had it for around 20 years now, still no summerhouse, no electricity, no water, no anything 'cept a shed and a chimenea.  It's a 10-12 minute walk to the beach (private).  Also, because 'this is Scandinavia', swimwear is sometimes optional - depending upon 'who' and 'when' - not always what one would hope for...   :-\  I'll confess that I've dropped trou and gone for a quick dip after pushing the lawnmower for 4 hours.   71.gif  Of course, Hyacinth hasn't witnessed this... 20.gif

Do they groom the beaches or remove seaweed deposits?  Sometimes our beach has seaweed (seagrass) deposits, sometimes not.  Storms giveth, storms taketh away...
- Pave the Bay -