A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

A few more.  A Toyota Sera and a "lightened" Miata.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on February 29, 2020, 05:44:46 PM
Not sure what it is.  The owner wasn't around. But it was damn cool.

I resembles a Kudzu or perhaps a DP (Daytona Prototype)  I did some searching based on the car number. No luck.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

Wow, a 959. Dream. He roll up like the guy in the Toyota GT at cars and coffee?
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Quote from: BruceK on February 29, 2020, 12:09:13 PM
No, a name has not come to me yet.  I would say about 95% of all the cars here are either Japanese or European.  Very few US cars. There are a bunch of JDM cars here from Kei Beats, cappuccinos, etc to Skylines to Japanese fire trucks to Land Cruisers.

If I may suggest, Haruto (#1 boys name in Japan) or Himari (#2 Girls name #1 was Hana which is boring)   ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

Quote from: Jims5543 on March 01, 2020, 06:24:51 AM
Quote from: BruceK on February 29, 2020, 12:09:13 PM
No, a name has not come to me yet.  I would say about 95% of all the cars here are either Japanese or European.  Very few US cars. There are a bunch of JDM cars here from Kei Beats, cappuccinos, etc to Skylines to Japanese fire trucks to Land Cruisers.

If I may suggest, Haruto (#1 boys name in Japan) or Himari (#2 Girls name #1 was Hana which is boring)   ;D

Thanks for the suggestions - a month ago I was doing the same thing and looking at lists of Japanese names.  I'll mull over these.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

If you haven't had enough RADwood yet, here's a video of it that a spectator just posted on YouTube.  And there are Minis in it too!

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Down the road in Atlanta visiting crew at the laquinta.

BruceK

Impromptu wrestling match?  Disagreement on coronavirus reporting?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

BruceK

Just saw this commercial on TV.   

Glazed donut and fried chicken sandwiches!? We have officially lost our f'in minds.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I think it was Jim Mitchell down in Atlanta said he'd tried them and they were surprisingly not bad......we've had chicken and waffles at a local place available for a few years now - but I'm not eating those either!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

What's next?  Hotdogs and birthday cake sandwiches?   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

I spotted a new variation on "truck nuts" hanging from underneath a pickup.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

I never understood the "purpose" of 'truck nuts'.

gr8kornholio

Cause the drivers who drive those with those have non of their own. 

All time favorite bumper stick said:  I drive a MINI what are you compensating for?
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

John Gervais

Quote from: MPlayle on March 05, 2020, 12:37:53 PM
I never understood the "purpose" of 'truck nuts'.

I thought about hanging a pair on the mini.
- Pave the Bay -

MPlayle

Just be sure to hang them from the underside of the single outlet, center exit exhaust.

;D

John Gervais

- Pave the Bay -

Jims5543

"Cool" front brought some welcome cool temps and low humidity.  We were hitting 90° yesterday today we are in the mid 70's and right now at 68°.

I decided to set up on the back patio this evening to work. Trusty 10.5% stout in tow to keep me company. hic....

94touring

MPlayle

I have a set of Craftsman screwdrivers like that I could check, but I also have several other non-Craftsman that I know will not do that.

BruceK

I don't buy it being intentional.  Happy coincidence since both are hex shaped.  This would be very well known if true.  Plus that much torque will just cause the screwdriver to cam out.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Snap On screwdrivers have a hex on the shaft near the handle to put a wrench over, I use it a lot on really big stuff with a slot but rarely on small phillips screws.
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I took this photo more than three months ago at a local gas station.   This Mexican-registered car is a Baic D20.  Yeah, I had never heard of that brand either.   I didn't realize there are Chinese cars being sold south of the border.   Wonder if it is a copy of another car from outside of China?

No doubt Chinese car makers have plans to break into the US market. However I think they may have to put that on hold for a good while as I don't think the US public would be very receptive to them - not matter how cheaply-priced they may be.

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S