A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

After a week of heavy use the Prius finally needed gas, I pushed it until 30 miles range was left. It took 10 gallons to fill up. LOL!! That was Friday morning.

I am not sure if it was full when we got it from the dealership, I know the average MPG was at 8 when I drove off the lot.

By the end of the tank it was up to 44 MPG, I discovered it has 2 MPG averages, one for each of the 2 trip odometers. I reset trip B and it reset the MPG for that trip meter. We ran around to meetings friday and Mrs5543 took it on a 60 mile trip yesterday, as of last night the MPG was at 50.

I got my weathertech mats in, and I am looking this weekend to figure a solution to cover the folded down seats. The windows were tinted on Wednesday.  Just waiting on seat covers then the other crew moves in. In the meantime we are giving the i3 a break and using it a bunch.

We talked about it, I asked the wfie what she thought of it and like me, she prefers the i3, it is much nicer inside, and drives much better.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

jeff10049

Damn, that's one ugly car but I get the reason for buying it. My blood pressure starts to rise just seeing the picture the way the inconsiderate assholes that own them around here drive.  10 MPH under in the left lane right alongside a slow-moving vehicle in the right lane and will not move.

The picture of the crane helped clear my head of the Prius.

MiniDave

I thought that was just a Kansas phenomenon - driving 10 under in the left land and NOT passing the car in the right lane. Doesn't have to be a Prius here, in fact those seem to get on with it compared to other cars.....I've been behind someone doing 5 over in the left lane, come up to a slow moving semi and slow down just as they get along side it, then take another 10 min to get past - if they do!

I've encountered the side by side thing all over Kansas, like they're afraid to pass......no other cars for miles around!
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on February 16, 2020, 09:17:28 AM
I thought that was just a Kansas phenomenon - driving 10 under in the left land and NOT passing the car in the right lane. Doesn't have to be a Prius here, in fact those seem to get on with it compared to other cars.....I've been behind someone doing 5 over in the left lane, come up to a slow moving semi and slow down just as they get along side it, then take another 10 min to get past - if they do!

I've encountered the side by side thing all over Kansas, like they're afraid to pass......no other cars for miles around!

Hate to say it, but for decades Kansas has a reputation for that exact bad driving behavior. It's a [true] stereotype about Kansas drivers.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on February 16, 2020, 12:15:22 AM
Damn, that's one ugly car but I get the reason for buying it. My blood pressure starts to rise just seeing the picture the way the inconsiderate assholes that own them around here drive.  10 MPH under in the left lane right alongside a slow-moving vehicle in the right lane and will not move.

The picture of the crane helped clear my head of the Prius.

Not down here, a lot of people use them to commute from This area 40 miles south to West Palm Beach, the salesman are Carmax makes the commute in reverse, he drive up here. He commented to me he always sees these cars going 80+ on the interstate. I have seen the same. One time I attempted to follow one in my FJ and he was just going too fast for me (closer to 90) I gave up and returned back to high 70's so I am not getting 13 MPG.

A friend asked where the Bernie bumper sticker was.

To be continued......    ;D ;D ;D
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

We joined Butcher Box about 8 months ago, we get a delivery every 2 months from locally sourced farms that coop, all proteins are certified organic.

I an customize my order and take advantage of sales, promotions etc..  I grabbed a 4.5 lb beef ribeye.

I smoked it on the BGE for 4.5 hours at 225°  I got the BGE fired up Saturday then jumped on paperwork for the business all afternoon while I waited on it.

Only seasoning was sea salt and ground black pepper.

I was pissed off, I checked the temp and it was 150° internal.  I wanted medium rare I ended up with medium to medium well, while still tender, I would have preferred it to be rarer.

Despite being overcooked you could cut with fork and the flavor was remarkable, I used mesquite wood for this one. The flavor was fantastic.

BruceK

I spotted something special up ahead on the road today.  Looked very distinctive compared to modern vehicle shapes even from a couple of hundred yards behind.   I told my wife it was either an old Datsun 510, or it might even be an old Skyline GTR imported from Japan.  It was!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Damn!! Cool car!!! Great sighting. The original Godzilla!!

Jims5543

I did some poking around Bruce, that is a 70 +/- model and it looks much better than the pedestrian mass market version.

What a cool looking car, really embodies the era it came from.

Jims5543

Rescued another mutt, this one had a sad story. They got a call that a stray was found in Okeechobee, the shelter there was going to put it down so the local rescue here ran out and grabbed her.

Once they got her and took her to the vet, they realized she was pregnant. So they put her in foster care until she delivered her pups.  Mom and 1 pup were spoken for as well as the runt. The other 5 (yes 7 total!!) were put up for adoption.  My wife was dying... she wanted to train a puppy so bad. So we took our rescue to meet the pup to make sure our female would be fine being around amale rescue puppy. They did great, to be honest they were more interested in sniffing around than each other, that is what you want to see.

The rescue checked our references (Vet and character reference) then wanted to do a home check on Tues last week. They arrived for the home check with the rescue puppy, looked the house over, met our 16 y/o son then gave the pup to us.

I was at work when this went down, I get a text message from my wife of the pup in our back yard.

We named him Ricky mostly because our first rescue was named Lucy and it just seemed right.  ;D

He is 3 months old and sadly, the foster home instilled a lot of bad habits, maybe fine for most homes, we have rules and keep our dog in line. Our dog is crate trained and we have pretty good schedule we keep with her.  Ricky had not really ever been walked on a leash, nor was he house broken, and was sleeping in kids beds with them. Needless to say the first couple of days have been rough. It took 2 nights to break him of the crying in his crate we we put them down for the evening.

He caught on to the leash fast and walks every morning and night with us, which is adorable.

The house breaking, we went 48 hours with no mistakes then this evening we had a pee accident. Maybe in another week our two we will have that sorted out. I am angry with the foster home, his litter mates were adopted shortly after weaning and are all house broken, there was no reason for this guy not to be either.

We were going to get him his own water bowl then saw him work out how to use the existing one. So no need.

He has turned out to be a handy vacuum in the kitchen.

We have a lot of work ahead (Like I have the time, I should say Mrs5543 has a lot of work ahead) and are excited to add a dog to the house that otherwise would have been dead with its mom in a kill shelter.

Meanwhile my parents bought a dog from a breeder about 3 months ago. We urged them to rescue one, they had to have a certain dog.  Grrr....

BruceK

Quote from: Jims5543 on February 17, 2020, 07:45:37 PM
I did some poking around Bruce, that is a 70 +/- model and it looks much better than the pedestrian mass market version.

What a cool looking car, really embodies the era it came from.
I agree.  It seems Nissan really had their stuff together back then.  This car would've been a stable mate of the newly-launched 240Z.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Congratulations on having Ricky join your family!   He looks like a fun little guy.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

jeff10049

Are there two different dogs in the pics or did the tail get docked?

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on February 17, 2020, 10:38:18 PM
Are there two different dogs in the pics or did the tail get docked?

No, the tail is just at a perfect angle that is looks shorter in the first pic.  Same dog, no mods... yet.

He is scheduled to be neutered once the balls drop. Pretty much a rule with rescues, it is all paid for already by them.

gr8kornholio

The left lane lazy driver thing is nation wide.  Worst I encountered was Virginia.  There was never enough distance to pass them on the right.

If that was a real GTR I'd be surprised, especially with it all stanced and such.  The real GTR's are pushing 6 figure value, but like a mini it is very easy to make a clone.  Couple badges and some fender flares, probably a few other minor differences but that's for those really in the know.

Agree though that cars just don't have the unique stand out from the crowd appearance anymore.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

I fixed up the Prius. Magnets, I would NEVER drive around with a Trump sticker on my car.  Mostly because I do not want my shit vandalized by the party of tolerance.

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on February 19, 2020, 04:40:31 PM
I fixed up the Prius. Magnets, I would NEVER drive around with a Trump sticker on my car.  Mostly because I do not want my shit vandalized by the party of tolerance.

I'll give you a harumph.

BruceK

I love the pasted-over bumper sticker – that's going to piss off a lot of people I hope.

If I spot a Bernie sticker on a Prius for real I should confront the owner and demand that he just hand over the car to me. After all, he probably bought the Prius with money earned through capitalism!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

I would never drive around like that. A going conversation around here among Trump supporters who have the guts to put a bumper sticker on their car is how much abuse do you take.  A spoke with a lady who has had fast food drink cups full of drink thrown at her pickup truck.  Another guy told me he gets flipped off at least once a day.  Hell, I tell you what Bruce, I am going to toss it on my work truck next week and lets see what shakes out from it.

The town I live in lights up red, the town to the north  I spend most of my time working in lights up light blue. So it should be an interesting week.

Jims5543

Prius update, I had to fill it up this evening, dash indicator says we are getting 50MPG, after a fill up an calculating we are getting 48.5 MPG, so the dash is a little optimistic.

In other news I got a little pin in the mail, pic a little out of focus, commemorating my 4th year as a Chive Charities Green Ribbon member, which happened in Oct last year. I was late hitting the button to get the pin sent. This Oct I get another pin and a cool little coin commemorating 5 years, I think the coin allows me some privileges like access to the Chive Copper Bar in Austin and a free tour of the Chive facilities with a friend.

I am pretty proud of what they do there.

BruceK

I'm at RADwood car show in Austin this morning.  It's nothing but cars from the 80s and 90s here.  And so is much of the fashion too.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Handbuilt Toyota Crown and Honda Motocompo folding motorcycle.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S