A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

This was a bit shocking to me.   A Pantera is dwarfed by the massive new Fiat 124 (Miata in an Italian suit).  The Miata is not a big car at all, but...   wow.  Makes the Pantera seem X 1/9 size! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on May 05, 2019, 01:42:53 PM
This new AC supercar model surprised everyone.  I had no idea it even existed. 

It looked fantastic.  And sported an honest manual transmission instead of flappy paddles.

I like the A/C, it looks very cool....$150K?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on May 05, 2019, 02:51:56 PM
Quote from: BruceK on May 05, 2019, 01:42:53 PM
This new AC supercar model surprised everyone.  I had no idea it even existed. 

It looked fantastic.  And sported an honest manual transmission instead of flappy paddles.

I like the A/C, it looks very cool....$150K?

A/C, cool.   I see what you did there!!  :D

Yeah, something like that.  Apparently not too new of a design.   Built in South Africa with a Camaro engine and transmission.   But designed in Italy and sexy as hell.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

Glad to see the weather was infinitely better than last year and the minis didn't get stuck on top of the bumpy hill.  Bummed I couldn't make it, was driving home from state special olympics event.  Fingers crossed for scheduling next year.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

Quote from: BruceK on May 05, 2019, 01:51:23 PM
This was a bit shocking to me.   A Pantera is dwarfed by the massive new Fiat 124 (Miata in an Italian suit).  The Miata is not a big car at all, but...   wow.  Makes the Pantera seem X 1/9 size!

That's a fascinating picture, for a couple of reasons......the first is that I have a pic of Don's Pup on the road beside a Gen1 Miata, they're almost the same size! Second, when we park our Audi A6 based wagon - which we used to think of as a big car - in a parking lot, it's one of the smallest cars there - even smaller than a Honda Civic for instance. But that pic really brings home how the general viewpoint of a "small" car has changed!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Americanizing cars.

Super sizing them to fit their clients.

Sad, isn't it?

My E30, which I consider a large car looks like a toy on the road today.

The Bini is so big it rivals me FJ Cruiser in size.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

Show last night was awesome.  Moshing last night was a little subdued during Slayer. Like everyone was there to enjoy the moment of the last show. Lamb of God had the whole floor moving on the final song which they dedicated to Vinny Paul, the late drummer of Panthers and a Texas native.

Tried to post video but don't think it's working.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Wandering around a train graveyard in Scranton PA.  Exciting life that I lead.

Jims5543

I think that last locomotives cousin just finished a retoration and made is maiden voyage.  Those were nick named the Big Boys.

Jump to 0:50 to actually see it.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

One more vid, that 1:00 mark it is underway.

94touring

Quote from: Jims5543 on May 11, 2019, 05:13:11 PM
I think that last locomotives cousin just finished a retoration and made is maiden voyage.  Those were nick named the Big Boys.

Jump to 0:50 to actually see it.

Sure enough and 2 numbers away on the production line! Thing is a beast.

Jims5543

94touring

Not sure how I missed 4014 since I was walking all over but they were closed and there was another fenced off section it must have been behind.  4012 stuck out of the crowd due to its size.  There were some really old wooden rail cars falling apart I thought were cool as hell.  Not even a train guy but you can feel the history around these types of things.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 11, 2019, 05:55:44 PM
Not sure how I missed 4014 since I was walking all over but they were closed and there was another fenced off section it must have been behind.  4012 stuck out of the crowd due to its size.  There were some really old wooden rail cars falling apart I thought were cool as hell.  Not even a train guy but you can feel the history around these types of things.

You missed the 4014 because at this very moment it is in Wyoming doing some 100 year anniversary for Union Pacific run.

The 4012 you took a picture of is one of 8 remaining locomotives that are that size.  They were monsters and used to pull long heavy trains and especially used to get over the mountains in the west.

I am FAR from a train expert, when I see something cool like the 4014 I do some reading up on it so I understand the significance of it.

Your eye is good you spotted a piece of History.

94touring

That's cool.  Makes sense cause not sure how you'd miss something as big as it is!

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on May 11, 2019, 06:18:43 PM
That's cool.  Makes sense cause not sure how you'd miss something as big as it is!

WTF is in Scranton besides Dunder Mifflin?

94touring

These trains and some homeless people.  It's a pretty run down town after my 3 hour hike around.  Lots of empty building  spaces and in need of some kind of revamping.  Probably was nice here in the 60s.

94touring

I didn't know what Dunder Miflin was but saw a display in the airport like most cities have of their big town business.  I see caterpillar bulldozers, toothpaste, Texas instruments calculaters, boats.. you name it.  I Google dunder miflin and it's not even a real company lol.  No wonder this town is in rough shape.

Jims5543

I used to visit a place called Benton,PA.  I remember going through Scranton and Wilkes-Barr to get there.

Even in the 80's it seemed depressing there.

Yes Dunder Mifflin was the name of the fictitious paper company in the TV show The Office. 

Jims5543

Construction Budget 4 Million, ironically owner is from Scranton PA area.

We had a hell of a thunderstorm come though, tore things up real good. View from backyard of 4 Mil home.

Jims5543

MiniDave

The locomotives will tour the Union Pacific system throughout 2019 in honor of the Transcontinental Railroad's 1869 completion. They will be in Ogden, Utah, this week for an event featuring UP and Utah officials and an ancestor of one of the Chinese workers who helped build the railroad.

I'd like to see that, he must be what - 200 years old?

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

tsumini

Not exactly from my cell phone but "What I did in  the shop today" category just didn't seem right.