A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

Michael go them too.

Friend of mine lives on OBX and this was the scene the night Michael passed them:

We went up to Vero Beach to Walking Tree Brewery this afternoon to drop off supplies for the folks up in the Panhandle.  They were doing a big drop off and shipping everything up next week. They started gathering items Saturday.

We were surprised the Brewery was not dog friendly, they had a rescue out front placing dogs , I mixed this brewery up with another that welcomes dogs.

I had a nice IPA and we left, sadly, the place was awesome, it is across the from the Piper Aircraft factory in an old hanger the space was awesome, we will be back.

We stopped off at 2nd Street Bistro, we were not sure if dog friendly, they are VERY dog friendly.   ;D

Lucy got her own meal which she gobbled up.n She even got her drink before we did.

On the way home, I HATE it when I get stuck behind a bunch of Harley's, that = sporadic speeds from 5 under to 20 over the speed limit. I ended up setting the adaptive CC to 42 (in a 35) and letting it sort it out.. Sadly it gave up after 10 miles and told me to figure it out.

So I dropped back really far, let a car get in front of me and then it could manage, the bikes were freaking it out.

There were 3 passing zones, every fucking time they sped up to 50 in them. Forcing you to resign to dealing with being behind them.

I was glad to just lay back and relax, I was in no hurry.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Eh bikers.  One automotive field that never interested me.

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on October 14, 2018, 05:27:24 PM
Eh bikers.  One automotive field that never interested me.

I love sport bikes, I have always wanted a Ducati.  Except, where I live, we are a mixing pot of the worst drivers the nation has to offer.

Therefore I keep a cage around me.  Hell, driving in the Mini pickup scares me.

The old people down here mixed with frustrated young people and throw is a splash of lost tourists and you have a recipe for disaster.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

BruceK

I am working from another of my company's office buildings this morning.   

This looks like a great place to work.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

Were you tempted to vomit on the floor and not clean it up?

BruceK

I was.  Technically speaking, that note opens things up to vomit any place not specifically identified as "the sink" and not clean it up.  The world is my oyster.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

I know the premise of the post is "why do they need a sign like this, especially in the Mens room? but really....what do you suppose it is about THIS place that they need a sign like this?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Honestly?  It's a place that houses a lot of contract programmers who are foreign nationals from many different countries and cultures.   This seems to be related to that in IMO.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

drmini

So, Americans don't vomit? Or is it, they don't vomit in the sink?  Reminds me of a true story from my military days.  My SSgt assistant and I were sent to RAF Hereford in south England for an explosives class taught by the RAF.  All 30 students were USAF personnel, and the SSgt and I were the only non-EOD folks in the class.  Note: on a USAF base, the billeting rooms are nicer than most hotel rooms, and that is what we expected to find at RAF Hereford.  Not so.  The rooms were bare bones minimum.  Tile floor, metal twin bed, metal chair, a small desk, and a sink to shave in.  The building had NO BATHROOMS at all.  There was a Latrine building in the middle of about 6 or 8 buildings that were shared by all.  The second day of class every one of the EOD types were complaining about the lack of a bathroom and the inconvenience of walking several buildings away, in the snow, to use the bathroom.  My SSgt boasted, "Really, that's odd, because my room has a bathroom and so does my boss'!"  They were as much in shock as they were mad, that the lowest ranked guy in the room has a bathroom and they didn't.  Must be because we were Engineers instead of EOD guys.  One guy says,WAIT A MINIUTE! They are in the same building as we are, so that must be a lie!  My SSgt says, "well, it's not really much of a bathroom, in reality it's just a urinal."  "But it's a damn fancy one, it has a hot and cold tap on it instead of a flush handle!"  I thought the RAF Warrant Officer teacher was going to blow a gasket.  'THAT'S NO BLOODY URINAL, THAT'S A SINK!!!"  "Sink/urinal, at 2 am in this weather, one and the same!"  All the WO could keep saying was, "BLOODY YANKS PISSING IN MY SINKS!"  He never much cared for us Engineers after that.  But we never had to go outside in the cold just to take a leak!

94touring

Good story Hugh!

Bruce please buy fake vomit and place it in the sink.  I'd have a bag full of fake vomit and be placing them everywhere.

BruceK

I don't have any fake vomit. I could use real vomit.  I carry it with me everywhere. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

BruceK

Yeah, since the sign was printed out that would seem to indicate an employee who has access to a printer.  Meaning not part of the cleaning crew.  My guess is some poor guy who was sick made it the men's room but the stalls were occupied and in a panicked moment the sink had to do.  Probably too sick and/or embarrassed, he got out of there.   And the sign maker felt it was necessary to make a snarky little sign.    I mean it's kind of unlikely someone is going to vomit in the sink twice.  Or somebody else will take it as an open invitation to ralph in the sink (absent the sign).  So the sign exists as a way to say the writer got butt hurt by seeing vomit.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

There's probably a sign in a hotel in Wisconsin located in the fire stairwell that says "if you shit in the stairwell, clean it up" .  Did I ever tell that story?

MiniDave

Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gr8kornholio

You did it in a bucket.  That's pretty close to being cleaned up.

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Quote from: gr8kornholio on October 16, 2018, 06:42:43 PM
You did it in a bucket.  That's pretty close to being cleaned up.

Cause I'm considerate!

BruceK

I got my butt up early to be first in line today to get an annual state inspection   Of course that meant that nobody but nobody showed up during the 20 minutes I was there.   

Let's see, they checked that all the lights worked including the super-important backup lights, and then they checked the rubber on the wiper blades.  They forgot to check the horn, and they forgot to do the goofy "drive 20mph and slam on the brakes" brake test that Texas requires.   Then they passed it. So, $7 well spent.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

BruceK

Thanks. But it's not.  All the roads are still wet and full of dirty puddles from days and days of rain here.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

They check all the stuff they can grossly overcharge you to replace.  My 85 yota truck had a headlight out and they wanted 45 to replace an $8 light held in by 3 screws.  Needless to say I left and replaced it myself and went elsewhere.

BruceK

I hit an early morning car show.  Surprisingly I had the only Mini.    ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

Where's that at?  Glad to see the bonnet up after all that work you put in.

BruceK

McKinney, on the square.   There were a couple of Corvairs there too - interesting engineering for a US auto manufacturer. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S