A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

I probably could have gotten another week out of them if I had ignored the horrendous metal scraping sound.

I am about to get myself in trouble with Mrs5543 again....  Notice I said again... deal still in infancy might fall through, seller seems to be dragging feet.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

gr8kornholio

Cause no one really wants to sell their toys, but sometimes you have too. 
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

ADRay

don't send that rotten step bar to the scrap yard...
1982 Mini 1000 HL
@andyray998

Jims5543

Quote from: gr8kornholio on August 23, 2018, 01:32:13 PM
Cause no one really wants to sell their toys, but sometimes you have too.

Agreed, I will be in same boat though if this deal goes through. Some toys will be going.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

Jims5543

I have never encountered a seller like this.  He honestly does not give a shit if he sells or not.

I asked for a compression test printout, I Offered to pay for it to be done, he said he would get one over the weekend. It is Tues. evening, nothing.

I have stopped reaching out to him to see if he will pursue a sale, so far nothing.

May be a scam is all I can think.

This car breaks my threshold of needing a PPI, I was going to go up and see it in person, I think I would be wasting my time.

Oh well, I needed another car like another hole in the head at the moment. 

94touring

You also offered full asking price.  Rotary owners are weird like that.

94touring

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MPlayle

And could not even afford the barrel with suspenders.

All joking aside, I hope it was not someone just assaulted or severely mentally impaired.

94touring

Mentally impaired or on meth is my guess.  Downtown has been going through a face lift over the past several years and as they fix up an area it flushes out the homeless.  This summer they've been all over in areas I wouldnt typically see them.  Or they're bussing in homeless...

BruceK

D'oh!!   :-[   Had just mounted my radiator. 

I immediately thought of what Mark said about doing some things two times.

Or 3 times.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

Just so everyone knows...I did a rad and fan yesterday but didn't forget the belt  4.gif

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on September 05, 2018, 04:35:21 PM
Just so everyone knows...I did a rad and fan yesterday but didn't forget the belt  4.gif
Oh, I remembered the belt.   Sure did.  I had placed it over the water pump way before I installed the radiator.  Its just the details that got me.  ;D 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Funny enough in order to make sure I didn't forget to install it while I gathered all necessary parts, I hung it around my neck like a fan belt necklace.

MiniDave

Bolts instead of studs/nuts on the T-stat housing?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on September 05, 2018, 05:20:36 PM
Bolts instead of studs/nuts on the T-stat housing?

Yes. It was that way when I bought it, and it seemed to work fine.  I ran a tap down and cleaned out the threads.  And I'm installing stainless bolts (with antiseize).
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Property I am working on in a place called Sailfish Point. 

A house made out of igloo coolers.  Not really it is made of Styrofoam, giant blocks with steel inserted inside them then concrete poured through. The R factor is supposed to be huge on them.

Closer up of the block structure of the house and some, pieces, not sure what they are.  I know the walls are 1 foot thick, I measured... its what I do.

Community is full of million (probably multi million) dollar homes, so anal that you have to shield the gentle community from the dirty construction workers, even the plop jon has to be double shielded. Entire job site has this fence with cloth over it to conceal the site.

Some sort of tropical wave got named and passed along the other coast, we were a but stirred up, typically the ocean would be flat this time of year. Not that it matters, beaches are closed due to high bacteria levels in the ocean. Thanks to the Army Corp of engineers and Lake Okeechobee.

Somehow, after working 70 hour weeks I am finding time to play video games.  Albeit very slow progress, I started playing Doom 3 weeks ago, and may be 4 checkpoints in.

It is much harder than the OG game from the 90's.

MiniDave

ICF's (Insulated Concrete Forms) are a great way to build if done by a guy that knows what he's doing, they provide huge R factors, the house is amazingly quiet inside and it costs pennies to heat/cool. Cost about 20% more than stick built. I would feel pretty safe in one in a hurricane too......

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Corner Elementary School solved the school shooting problem.

gr8kornholio

Reminds me of the same sign for DRUG FREE ZONE during my school days.  Definitely totally stopped all drug activity.   ::)

Jims5543

Quote from: gr8kornholio on September 07, 2018, 12:48:10 PM
Reminds me of the same sign for DRUG FREE ZONE during my school days.  Definitely totally stopped all drug activity.   ::)

LMAO!!  Yeah, I am sure a mental case with guns is going to see that sign and say, wait, I cannot bring a gun in here.

Moving on.

Work is insane, I am pretty sure the news will tell you the 3rd 1/4 new house starts broke some sort of record later this year. I have not seen it like this since 2006.  It is beyond insane and I am not keeping up.  Which is worrying. I decided to not hire and just cut back on clients, builders in particular, a few of my smaller builders are getting to busy for me to keep up with them. So I am thinking I cutting some loose. I want to keep my title companies because they kept my doors open during the housing crash. I will never forget them for that. The builders? Greedy bastards who have no regard for anything other than profit.

The title companies can wear you thin too, on Wednesday, I was bombarded with orders for "Closings on Monday, need the survey by Friday afternoon" emergencies.  I think I received 10 orders in 1 day all needed by Friday afternoon.  I am still not sure how we got them all done but we did.

So to celebrate I fired up the BGE and we made a big old calzone on it and some hippy pizzas for the wife.

She topped out at about 525° I use BGE Coal and hardwood to do this.

Calzone had a nice smoke / wood taste to it.

I had to force myself to stop eating this, I was going to explode.

Hippy stuff...

Old Fashioned's accompanied the festivities.

Great way to end a stupid week.

Sadly Monday - Wednesday next week are already booked up and insane, it all starts up again in 2 days.

94touring

I'm from Wilmington NC.  Here's a buddies house.  He had to get his pontoon boat and work his way up the river to get home. 

94touring

MiniDave

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad