A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiniGene

It almost makes you wish you had a time machine, not just to go back but to hit the "Pause" button!  When I was younger I never believed the people older than me saying time seems to go faster as you age, but I definitely agree with that now.

BTW, Jim, that picture of your son at the WTC is mind blowing when you think what happened shortly afterwards.  Thank goodness you weren't there then!

BruceK

Spotted today at Costco:  Halloween costumes.  Because it's only 3 months away!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

So, are you going as Batman or Super Girl? 

;D ;D ;D ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

MPlayle

And next month the Christmas stuff will begin to be on display.

gr8kornholio

Try last month, at least at Hobby Lobby.  We used to get it into the warehouse in March.  Couldn't tell you how many times I heard Christmas already.  Yea and you better buy it now, because in November it'll all be gone.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on August 03, 2018, 11:43:17 AM
Try last month, at least at Hobby Lobby.  We used to get it into the warehouse in March.  Couldn't tell you how many times I heard Christmas already.  Yea and you better buy it now, because in November it'll all be gone.

Which is most of the reason I hate Christmas:  The utter fascination and compulsion of decorating for Christmas earlier and earlier.  If I was king, there'd be no decorations for any holiday put up more than one week before the actual day.   I really hate seeing that crap weeks, nay months, before the holiday. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on August 03, 2018, 07:12:34 AM
So, are you going as Batman or Super Girl? 

;D ;D ;D ;D

The horror of forcing kids to gender identify! 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

My buddy Bill and I met up in our cellar bar ahead of time before a wedding party for a friend.  Just two guys alone in suits in a basement.  A guy walks in who isn't a regular and sees us sitting there, he looks a bit unsure.  We immediately start talking like we're local mob bosses.  Are you the guy Mr. Luchi sent??

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

jeff10049

what if the guy said yes you got the money? lol

MiniDave

You look more like a couple of accountants to me.....   ;D ;D ;D ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Later on the limo broke down and the girls took the opportunity to take a photo while I popped the hood and had a guy with his truck give us a jump. 

BruceK

Never saw this photo of McQueen and his Mini before. Looks like reverse Cooper S wheels. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on August 10, 2018, 07:22:30 AM
Later on the limo broke down and the girls took the opportunity to take a photo while I popped the hood and had a guy with his truck give us a jump.

Jenn reminds me of a brunette version of  Beth O Stern, she has the same look and trust, me, that is a compliment. 

You lucky guy you.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniGene

94touring

That's Liv, the girl getting married.  She was our bar tender for a year or so.  Naturally we hit it off.

Jims5543

Finally finished my LED outdoor lighting. No more incandescent light bulbs.

I used to have 7 incandescent light bulbs out front, constantly blowing and at 100w each not cheap to run.

With the addition of these 4 30w LED bulbs I am now 100% LED at my house.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

jeff10049

jeff10049

The guy on the left of the limo pic reminds me of Judge Doom LOL.

Jims5543

...and our Summer is over... beaches have been posted as well.

Now if I want to go in the water, I have to drive 20 miles North or South to do so.

https://www.bullsugar.org/about

Jims5543

Quote from: jeff10049 on August 18, 2018, 11:01:18 PM
Jim, that looks really cool.

Thanks!  I am pretty sure you can see them from space.

When programming the colors into them I looked at them, I saw dots for a long time.

BruceK

I'm not sure I know what to think about this.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Well, that's pretty inventive.....I'm not sure how I feel about it either..... 8.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

I'm reading this weird news story and just had to crack up at the caption. 

"... tried to board with his horse name Frieda, similar to the horse pictured here"   ;D
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring