A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jims5543

That looks like a fun trip.

A typical summer day in Florida.

Then you turn around.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

MiniDave

We had one of those days today.....blew in like crazy, hail, wind, rain sideways, tornado sirens going off - half an hour later sunny and breezy like it never happened
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

94touring

Bad engine starter.  Feels like I fly classic minis sometimes.

BruceK

Probably just stuck. You could hit it with a hammer.   ;D 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

94touring

A cross bleed start works, but maintenance wanted to have it fixed in Alabama instead of fly it anymore.  Just did whatever they needed to do and back to the sky I go.

Jims5543

Cant you just push start one of those things? I thought that was what the tug was for?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

I got hit by lightening a short time later.

BruceK

I'm at the local dog park this morning.  Somebody has very kindly donated a big box of tennis balls for everyone to enjoy.   
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

A dogs dream come true.

Here's one bathroom nearly finished.  New tub is an air tub.  Kinda like a jacuzzi but not.

tsumini

56,000 lb turbo grill doing hot wings?

BruceK

If you go around to the front of the nacelle and throw the meat in it will go ahead and slice it for you too!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

Quote from: 94touring on July 21, 2018, 06:26:38 AM

Here's one bathroom nearly finished.  New tub is an air tub.  Kinda like a jacuzzi but not.

Wow. I really like the tile you've installed. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gr8kornholio

I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

MiniDave

A quick snippet from Friday night at my daughter's house. My grandson and his bride to be in the middle (he's playing the mandolin) and a bunch of his friends from school hoot it up!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

John Gervais

Really great place for a ho down!

Nice to see kids having good, clean fun!   4.gif
- Pave the Bay -

MiniDave

These kids really don't fit the mold of modern kids...they're smart, well bred, intelligent, respectful - and you'll notice the only phones in use are those recording them. We had such a great time with all of them!

Quinn - the groom - is in the middle playing the mandolin, his bride is next to him and her mom is next to her. On the other side in the green shirt is Quinn's older brother Reece - who went with me to the CMU Mini 59.

Here are a couple of pics.....the first is of Quinn's younger sister and Elizabeth, the bride. The next is Quinn with two of his sisters, and the last Quinn and Elizabeth with the Japanese folks Quinn stayed with on his trip to Japan last summer - they live there in Hendersonville but he stayed with their family in Japan.

Yes, Elizabeth is tiny, but Quinn is 6'5" too!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Just stumbled upon a pic of my old Porsche 911 last night.  I miss that car and my only regret was selling it too soon. I made some money off it, I would have made more if I waited a few years. It doubled in value.  This is a 1980 with a 1990 3.6 swapped in and a lot of work done to it.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniGene

While getting stuff ready for our move from the UK to San Diego I came across our old back up drive that had a bunch of old photos on it.  Most of them were back ups I had forgotten I had saved and thought they were lost forever when the harddrives they were on crashed.  Here's a pic of my son from a long time ago "helping" me.

This kid is 13 now.  Time flies!

MiniGene

Here's another I found of my daughter modeling in front of my old Mini.  She turns 16 in a couple of months!!!

Jims5543

Awesome pics, man, how time flies.  I hope the kids appreciate them too, they will for sure when they get older.

MiniGene

Quote from: Jims5543 on July 30, 2018, 12:10:34 PM
Awesome pics, man, how time flies.  I hope the kids appreciate them too, they will for sure when they get older.

Thanks!  Yes, you are right, it flies.  You blink your eye and so much time has passed. 

Jims5543

Examples for you.

This is my younger son, he is turning 15 next month and getting his learners permit.

My Older son, pic taken at the top of the WTC in July 2001.  Kind of mind blowing when you stop to think the building was gone 2 months later almost to the day.

He is 25 years old now.

94touring

MiniDave

My grandson got married last week.......I remember him and his older brother like this.....barely 12 years ago.

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad