A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

One of the cool cars we don't get here.   To me, this Citroen RCZ is striking.   It is clearly influenced by the Audi TT as well as the old Abarth Zagato "double bubble" coupe from the 1950s.  The design is now 10 years old and the car is out of production.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

MiniDave

I believe that's a Peugeot.......not that it matters since we'll never see one over here. Well, maybe in 15 years?
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

Quote from: MiniDave on May 24, 2018, 10:00:19 AM
I believe that's a Peugeot.......not that it matters since we'll never see one over here. Well, maybe in 15 years?

Yup.  You are absolutely correct.   I meant to say Pug but my fingers typed Lemon instead as I concentrated on the 3 letter model name.   Brain fart. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

That's been my computer screen pic for years.

BruceK

I just saw it and thought it was pretty cool. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Shrimps

I think the one with the driver is even better.  This is my iPhone (so the orientation may be screwy).

BruceK

Wow.  The details on those appear to be very realistic so I have little doubt they are real X-rays of a Mini and driver.   Any idea how they were done?
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

Shrimps

Nick Veasey is the artist.  Here's his webpage and a catalog of his work:

http://www.nickveasey.com

http://www.nickveasey.com/download/i/mark_dl/u/4011233094/4634388774/Catalogue_April_2018.pdf

My new phone wallpaper is the Union Jack Mini.  The clothes, briefcase and cane are a nice touch!  I especially like the top hat for some reason.

The picture is not 100% accurate though.  For instance the engine does not sit directly inline with the front wheels.

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

BruceK

My wife took this photo this morning at 6:30am on the way to work.

She thought I might like a picture of a man driving a Cobra sitting next to another man in a gorilla suit.   Who wouldn't?  ;D

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MiniDave

Is that a camo T-shirt the gorilla is wearing?   ;D

Only in Texas?   77.gif

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Jims5543

Spent a long weekend in NYC.  My kind of place, everyone moves at 100MPH.... Like me.

Oculas WTC
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Glad you and the fam had a good time.  The nypd smart car is kinda funny.

BruceK

Spotted this at work today.   

So. Many. Questions.     
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

gr8kornholio

Someone hiding an indoor ski run in Dallas?  Must be a tall high rise for it to be triple black diamond.  Or on that thought it's one of those doors that's on the top floor but on the outside of the building, so if you step out you are going straight down.
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

BruceK

It's in the sub basement of a 37 story building, so if it's a ski run, it's where you catch the lift.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

MPlayle

Shrimps

Had some "fan mail" on my car when I went to lunch a couple days ago.  Thing is where I park is on private property of my work (a large plywood manufacturing facility) that is about 50 acres in size which doesn't get random vehicle traffic as it is fully fenced with just a few gates to get in.  The majority of the employees are production folks that park at the other end of the property and use a different gate so this wasn't somebody that just happened to be passing by.  I suppose they might have seen my car from the adjacent highway (across the railroad tracks & through the fence) and driven in to leave the note.  At first I thought (& hoped) it was another classic Mini owner but no such luck.

MiniDave

Hope she was cute - definitely a girl's handwriting.   ;D

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

Willie_B

Loaded and ready to hit the road. End destination is Arlington VA. My little brother at 46 is a first time Dad 2 weeks ago. Will have other stops to visit family on the way up and back. I am dropping the mini off with Steve Gibbs. He did the engine several years ago and it has leaked oil ever since, and it has a rattle/knock sound I want him to check on. He is also building the engine for the moke and I have several boxes of parts to drop off for that.

The mini is so low I cannot see it out the back window. But the rear camera is switchable so I can check on it while driving.

MiniDave

First trip in the Sprinter?

Have a great time and post lots of pics!

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring