A new game... Post pics from your cel phone V.1.0

Started by Jims5543, March 10, 2014, 07:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceK

Quote from: gr8kornholio on February 04, 2018, 09:02:41 PM
I've heard of that, but this was white boy with fire toy.  ;D

I understand completely.  As much as I'd like one, I've racked my brain but I just can't justify spending $500 for one of Elon Musk's flame throwers.  Now they are all gone.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/02/01/elon-musks-boring-company-flamethrowers-sold-out-five-days/1085894001/

1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S
1992 Toyota LiteAce (JDM)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

gr8kornholio

That's crazy, this was $20 from harbor freight and my propane tank from the grille.   
I am the GR8KORNHOLIO! Are you threatening me?

Saussie Aussie 1965 Australian MK1 Mini.
"Beavis" - 07 MY/MY MCS, B/MY Konig Daylites, JCW sideskirts, TSW springs, TSW lower rear control arms -- Exploring the country with new friends since 11/09.

94touring

After a successful day at the shop, came home and made a fancy lamb patty salad.

Bahowe1

The paper towels make it fancy!
Looks really good.

94touring

Quote from: Bahowe1 on February 06, 2018, 06:40:49 PM
The paper towels make it fancy!
Looks really good.

Lol yeah the fancy silverware clothe wasn't available.

94touring

MiniGene

Neat!  Ever have any close calls with near misses?  Just how congested are the friendly skies?

94touring

Well not that many.  The planes talk to each other and give you warnings letting you know 60 seconds till impact or 40 seconds.  The 40 second one the plane tells you to climb or descend accordingly to avoid impact.  It physically says it and then the vertical speed indicator has a thing that pops up showing what rate you need to be doing it at.  Happens here and there throughout the year.

94touring

Speaking of, here's a tcas test I have to do every 1st flight of the day on a plane.  Tcas being traffic collision avoidance system.  This let's me know the system works.  You can see 4 fake targets and the vertical speed lit up red, the pointer just sitting at zero.

BruceK

I guess I could file this under "Stuff I don't Understand"  (the file is growing larger each day).

I stayed a motel a couple of days ago and like most places they had a vending machine area.   There was a graphical banner running across the wall above the machines that had phrases written.  After hundreds of years of advertising, we humans are all pretty used to seeing slogans.   But these were a bit different. 

Some of them were:   

"nutritionally inert"     "mouthwatering artificial flavors"    "preservatives added"    "partially hydrogenated goodness"   "freshly pre-packaged"

So, I ask you, WTF?!
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

I like the preservatives added.  Jen and I ate at a chain restaurant not long ago and they boasted about the grain fed beef. 

MiniDave

Those read like "Engrish", as if the writer is not from around here.....
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

BruceK

My theory is that this is designed to appeal to the rebel in everyone: Screw healthy food!  Eat this crap because you can! 

This "devil may care" attitude is of course multiplied by the later time of day and especially following consumption of alcoholic refreshments.
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

gasmini

I have to ask was that at a Motel 6? If it was maybe besides leaving the light on for you they want you to know that you can get fresh junk food all the time. ;D

MiniGene

Quote from: 94touring on February 10, 2018, 03:14:25 AM
Well not that many.  The planes talk to each other and give you warnings letting you know 60 seconds till impact or 40 seconds.  The 40 second one the plane tells you to climb or descend accordingly to avoid impact.  It physically says it and then the vertical speed indicator has a thing that pops up showing what rate you need to be doing it at.  Happens here and there throughout the year.

That's comforting to know.

Alright then, ever see weird stuff when you're in the air?  Any UFOs?

BruceK

Quote from: gasmini on February 11, 2018, 10:40:06 AM
I have to ask was that at a Motel 6? If it was maybe besides leaving the light on for you they want you to know that you can get fresh junk food all the time. ;D
Indeed it was. 
1988 Austin Mini
2002 MINI Cooper S

94touring

Quote from: MiniGene on February 11, 2018, 11:55:31 AM
Quote from: 94touring on February 10, 2018, 03:14:25 AM

That's comforting to know.

Alright then, ever see weird stuff when you're in the air?  Any UFOs?

In the air, no. Once in my back yard, yes. Not like a wow a flying saucer moment, but a wow a shooting star..err wait no it's not moment.  It flew around in the upper atmosphere darting around the sky for about 20 minutes. Still to this day have no idea what it was.  There were 4 of us watching. 

Jims5543

Quote from: 94touring on February 11, 2018, 12:04:38 PM

In the air, no. Once in my back yard, yes. Not like a wow a flying saucer moment, but a wow a shooting star..err wait no it's not moment.  It flew around in the upper atmosphere darting around the sky for about 20 minutes. Still to this day have no idea what it was.  There were 4 of us watching.

Do not move from your present location, we are on our way to question you.

That Motel 6 signage had me rolling. I wonder how many people even notice, I have to be honest, I would miss it completely... even sober.

Quote from: 94touring on February 10, 2018, 11:31:42 AM
I like the preservatives added.  Jen and I ate at a chain restaurant not long ago and they boasted about the grain fed beef.

I saw this post this afternoon and was talking with Mrs5543 and wondering when was the last time we ate at a chain? We have no clue. 

Every place we frequent is mom and pop family owned type of places. We just had dinner at a Japanese place, the Sushi Chef is the owner and grew up in Japan. I just found out this evening he is a car guy, we are going to be great friends.

We hardly buy our produce and meat from the grocery store anymore, we discovered two booths at our green market every Sunday morning so we buy locally grown or raised veggies and meats.

I Grilled up a batch of locally raised organic fed chicken wings on my BGE last night.  Superb!!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

94touring

Yeah we're food snobs, especially her having gone to culinary school and us living downtown amongst non chain places.  We get our steaks from a meat market that's all grass fed and seafood from a market that flys it in from the coast.  Her food delivery business was all locally sourced organic food.  We eat well.

Jims5543

Being on the coast there is no shortage of local seafood, we have a few markets here that we rotate through.

Yup, same here, we eat good, we eat local and we are very picky about where our food comes from. As much as we can stay away from chains, even for groceries we do.

Oh and welcome home.  I am working on a Sunday night after working this afternoon.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! -Hunter S. Thompson

jeff10049

We are picky as well local ribs tonight slow grilled and asparagus from a friend. Buying 1/4 of beef raised by the owner of the building I lease for business and that's cool because I know and trust the guy  He has connections for other meat as well.
we grow most our own vegetables in the summer.

Jims5543

MMmmmmm Ribs!!!  I had a chance to buy some wild boar ribs, I ruined them, way leaner than I am used to. I think I actually made some pork Jerky out of them.

Pretty expensive screw up.

94touring

MiniDave

Well, he's certainly got them surrounded!  ;D
Complete failure at retirement

1989 Cooper Racing Green
2009 Clubman S
2014 Audi Allroad

gasmini

Must be the same person that his bicycle is outside locked to a single upright post that you can lift up and walk away with it.  :D